• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR14 thread

mikeblac

This was the third rally I have attended, but the first time I have stayed for a few days. I think the entire rally was exceptional. I had my two nephews with me, and I think they had the time of their lives. I know they were worn out, but I fail to understand how they both fell asleep in the deuce at 55 mph on the way home.

Already looking forward to next year.

ke5eua

This was the third rally I have attended, but the first time I have stayed for a few days. I think the entire rally was exceptional. I had my two nephews with me, and I think they had the time of their lives. I know they were worn out, but I fail to understand how they both fell asleep in the deuce at 55 mph on the way home.

Already looking forward to next year.
My cousin fell asleep in a tanker truck in the middle of a Christmas parade with me on the siren the whole time. I never figured that one out.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What happened to the campfire? Too hot out? We had all the fixins for smores and the girls were ready to share. :)
The campfire was on Friday night in the woods. There was simply not enough room in the field to do it safely thanks to that stupid obstacle course Durhamtown had set up.

My personal thoughts were it would be better received if it had been in the field, but that was simply impossible this year.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We were burning late at night, lots of fun around the fire. Good thing not everybody found the fire :)

I need to stay away from Gimpy and MVMules late at night.

The campfire was on Friday night in the woods. There was simply not enough room in the field to do it safely thanks to that stupid obstacle course Durhamtown had set up.

My personal thoughts were it would be better received if it had been in the field, but that was simply impossible this year.
Well completely missed that then.

sandcobra164

I'll add once again that I had a great time. If there is anyone who feels like they didn't get the red carpet treatment at this years GA Rally, please come and find me and I'll show you how it's done. You still won't get the red carpet treatment but you may come away with a little more understanding of how this event works for people like me that only contribute their appearance and socializing. I was amazed at how many people knew who I was but then again, this was my 5th go at this. I was able to trail ride, fix a few trucks and make some new friends. I'll sit at the registration tent for a while next year as a guide. No money necessary unless you would like to make a donation to the MKT crew. I won't take a penny but if you would like to donate, that money is spent purchasing pots, pans, hand washing stations, etc. I'm sure they keep tabs on that stuff and could provide documentation if questioned. I'll show you how to Rally but don't be scared of the trails and bringing your truck would be nice. If you get stuck, no worries, we've never left a truck on the trails and I'm sure we never will with help from Jeff and Mark.

mikeblac

My cousin fell asleep in a tanker truck in the middle of a Christmas parade with me on the siren the whole time. I never figured that one out.
Well they are both 13. So maybe youth helps with that. **** I got my hearing protection on, and they are curled up sound asleep. Go figure.

Next project is a muffler!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Being that I most likely will not be invited to the AAR, I will bring one thing up from my place of observation (crane operators seat), who ever is giving signals should have a vest, hat, ect. that lets the crane op. know that this is the signal giver and ONLY that person, the situation got taken care of later in the operations, but early on, it was a matter of looking for a hand raised and at times more then one was raised. So with the above said, for the 15SSR, I would suggest that a designated signal men be assigned so if crane work is to be done, that person WILL part of the lifting crew, or NO lift, things will go faster and safer.

As a side note, anytime the bobcat is working in the field, there should be a ground person working with the machine to asset, give signals (only this person), and keep people from getting behind the machine.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a great time this year! It was hot but better than it raining all the time! Over all I think everything ran smooth! I missed a few main courses of lunches and dinners but hay I can afford to miss a few! ;0) I did not get to go on any trail rides this year, maily because my CUCV is my only running vehicle at this time so did not want to take any chances specially with me having to be in school on Monday!

Over all my sales and trades were awesome this year! Thanks to those of you that purchased items from me helping me lowered my load so I could get everything I had to take back loaded on two trailers! I want to thank people like Vinny, Doghead, Drew and others for doing trades with me this year towards things I needed! I was able to trade more this year than previous years so that was cool! Trading just feels better!

Lastly I was able to get help taking my 16ft trailer home Sunday so I only had to make one trip home not two so that was great! Specially seeing how I barley made it home before I needed sleep!

Thanks again to all the SS members for making me feel welcome over these last 5 years and always checking out my goodies I have! Cant wait for next year year 6!......... Are we there yet?

Bobby

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank my staff from this year's rally.

It was an honor to serve as the CO for the 2014 SSGR.

Thank you to:

Recovry4x4
SCSG-G4
Steve6x6x6
EMD567
CARNAC (He helped without even being there.)
AMGeneral72
Gimpyrobb
RMTaunton
Papabear and the CAMO Crew

Lastly I would like to thank the volunteers that made this year's rally the biggest and the best to date. Thank you.

SWBradley1
CO
2014 SSGR