• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2015 Military Transport Association of NJ Show & Swap Meet 4/18-19

LiqTenEXp

Just show up sat/sun. We start setting up Thursday. The show is Saturday and Sunday. If you are looking to attend, the show the hours are 8 to 6 Saturday and 8 to 3 Sunday.

Here is the show flyer for this year with further details
http://mtaswapmeet.us/images/15/15 flyer.pdf

If anyone is interested in helping setup and put out some manual labor let me know :) We always appreciate an extra hand.

Artisan

If anyone has space for an EMPTY BICON that of course can be filled w/
stuff, originating in the Philadelphia area that I need delivered to the Los Angeles
area or close, let me know...I can help w/ fuel! $$$

A tall order I know, but no balls, no blue chips.

plode

There will be a 2 piece wheel maintenance demonstration performed 10 AM Saturday April 18th at the show. One of the MTA members experienced in tire repair will be repairing 2 piece wheels including: tear down, build up, tube out/in, flap out, and fill up. He will be demonstrating this on 9x20 (deuce) and 11x20 (5 ton) wheels.

The demonstration will take place in the middle of the main show field and no registration is required. Bring along a 2 piece wheel from your deuce or 5 ton and he may have the time to demonstrate on your wheel! The MTA of NJ recognizes the importance of proper PM and thought you guys would enjoy the demonstration!
Does said member want to demonstrate on a 14.00R20? :lol:

Been thinking about driving the M923a2 up there, but it's a hike in the truck... 3 hours 20 minutes, 160 miles each way...all the way up 206(traffic light after traffic light)... Would take the parkway(2 hours 48 minutes, 172 miles), but I'll get raped in tolls.
I'll have to think about this.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All!

I'm in need of a NOS Deuce Radiator and two Deuce wooden side racks(Need 8 boards and 5 feet)! Does anyone know if someone will or should have these at the show, it'll save me shipping and hopefully the cost will be a little closer to my budget?

Thanks

Rick

max1008

Does anyone want wmo? I have hundreds of gallons, i can transport it in 55gal drums. Free. I also have an FMTV wheel and tire, looks brand new, make me an offer on it.

Anyone need 9.00-16 STA Super Lug tires? I can bring them if anyone wants them, message me, otherwise I'm not packing them up for no reason. Got 4 brand new ones and 2 with 50% tread.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I'm planning on being at the show for a couple of days. I'm in the market for a litter carrier for a John Deere M-Gator in the unlikely event that someone going to the show has one. I also would be interested in a set of new or very nice stock rear springs for a CUCV pickup for the right price.

Here's a list of some of the big stuff I could bring if anyone wants anything; I would need at least a deposit on the heavy stuff since I'm planning on riding down in a blazer at this point. I can also bring anything else I've got listed in the classifieds.

NOS GMC G749 steering box and column assembly - $150
NOS GMC G749 driveshafts - $75 and $50
3 Used CUCV Blazer wheels - $50 each
NOS CUCV 14-bolt rear axles -$750 each
NOS and Rebuilt CUCV Blazer front axles - $300 and $250
NOS CUCV front bumper - $200
New replacement Driver's side CUCV fender - $100
Used takeout NP208 transfer cases - $125 each
Used m1009 rear driveshafts - $40 each
Used CUCV front driveshafts - $100 each
New CUCV blazer exhaust pipes Walker 45869 (Front Right) - $25 each
New m1009 rear windows - $75 each
New CUCV pickup rear window - $60
New CUCV Blazer Rear Springs - $175 set of 2
2 CCKW driveshafts (no u-joints) - $50 each
Used HMMWV Pioneer Tool rack - $20
NOS right side m939 windshield - $100
Like new Goodyear 37" HMMWV tires on wheels - $175 each
Used aluminum 6-step boarding ladder (fits 2.5ton)- $100
2 used m809 series flat stock slat grilles - $25 each
Used fuel tank from Ford GPW - good shape, needs to be cleaned inside - $200
2 military floodlight kits in crates - $100 each
NOS Hunter medium towbars with pins (no feet) - $300 each
NOS 3/4" medium towbar feet with two 3/4" pins - $100 set of 2
NOS chain clamps for medium tow bars - $100 set of 2
Used set of 6 bows for m103 generator trailer, can also fit m116 if cut and welded - $100

m116a3 Pioneer tool trailer. 1978 tool trailer body mounted on a 1993 m116a3 frame that was rebuilt in 2008. The axle is from an a2 trailer and it's on 16" CUCV wheels. No rust or rot and it has been repainted 383 green. No title as Vermont does not title trailers this old. Would be sold with a bill of sale and a copy of the current Vermont registration which works for most states for registering. Check your local laws. - $1400

Attachments

Last edited:

emr

ITS ALMOST HERE !!!! To display a vehicle JUST SHOW UP !! Pull up to the gate and pull right in directly to the HUGE display field ,,, IDLE SPEED ONLY PLEASE !!!!! On the way in and on the grounds !JOB ONE IS SAFETY FIRST !!! We will walk U with your truck thru the field and have a guide back u in for safety each time !! :)) Be there before 11 am Saturday and you can sign up for judging !!!! Judging starts at 1100 , and is over by 4 , there are A LOT of vehicles to be judged, There are a LOT of plaques and they are well deserved by the winners !!!! I will throw in something about the EAST Coast :)))) We have consistently been over 140 Military display vehicle's, The Last 2 years we 165 and 167 !!!!! I think that might be the most on the East coast :) Just sayin :))) All in good fun :)) Might have more vendors and public too :))))

More renactors this year than EVER , More Vendors than any other year also :)))) !!! We have OVER 5000 people walk thru our Gates !!!!!!! YOU WILL SELL STUFF HERE!!!! years it rained we still had close to 4000 thru the weekend; this hobby is awesome :))))
Thanks Randy :)
Sundays 5 ton and Jeep pull is benefitting the G Co Marines in Picatiny and the Dover Guard the 250th Main support Battalion DET 1 , Its 10 dollars a head, 10 person teams to, pull the 5 ton , 1 and 2 person and family pulls on the Jeep pull :)) !!!! Its worth
every second, it is absolutely amazing how much FUN it is to pull HUGE inanimate objects LOL , We have been raising money for wounded Soldiers and Toy for tots events for a few years now with these pulls , My first truck pull was , gee like 5 years ago now, It is a GREAT way to get people to gether and raise some funds for the troops !!!!

aheilmann68

I have the follocomponentssale and may get a booth

1101 type flat deck trailer with ramps for sale with title, 12v and 7 pin connection set up
5 50% 365/80/r20 xzls I took off my deuce ($50 each)
4 mounted 11.00 goodyears 95% on 5 ton rims ($50ea) dibs called
5 5 ton split rims ($20ea)
3 sets of ldt/lds air compressor wrench + backer wrench. 25 for the pair

3 LMTV high speed gear differentials ready to get installed (can sell with an install "package")
Loose lmtv axle compomet, let me know what you need im not brining everything

I have 2 slightly weather checked 9.00r20s that ill give to who ever wants them (dibs called)

Last edited:

LiqTenEXp

I have the following for sale and may get a booth
1101 type flat deck trailer with ramps for sale with title, 12v and 7 pin connection set up
5 50% 365/80/r20 xzls I took off my deuce ($50 each)
4 mounted 11.00 goodyears 95% on 5 ton rims ($50ea)
5 5 ton split rims ($20ea)

I have 2 slightly weather checked 9.00r20s that ill give to who ever wants them
aheilmann68,

The more vendors the more effective our swap meet is. This is the best east coast swap meet you will find so I am sure you will find people to buy your items.

Check out our website here for vendor info: http://mtaswapmeet.us/Site.htm
You can email us here to reserve a space or table: info@mtaswapmeet.com

Hope to see you there!

Last edited:

mikey

This will be my first time at Sussex. I understand we can show up with no notice and gain entry into the display field, but do we need to notify anyone in advance if we plan on camping? I plan on arriving Friday late afternoon and camping until Sunday. Also, where / how do we pay for camping? Prior to entering the display field, on the way out? thx

Mikey

LiqTenEXp

This will be my first time at Sussex. I understand we can show up with no notice and gain entry into the display field, but do we need to notify anyone in advance if we plan on camping? I plan on arriving Friday late afternoon and camping until Sunday. Also, where / how do we pay for camping? Prior to entering the display field, on the way out? thx

Mikey
When you arrive we will help you get parked on the display field. You pay for camping in the Richards Building at the head table. Get yourself parked up and then head over to the Richards building. Will you be camping in your vehicle or something else? Either is fine.

plode

Will anyone have troop seats, bows and possibly a cargo cover for a M923 for sale?

If so, it changes what I plan on driving to the show.

plode

I have side boards for the 923 but no troop seats. I will be heading to the show PM if interested.
I bought the sideboards from you last year, but like you said, the troop seat portion is missing, so it looks a little weird on the truck with just the two pieces going across. I can't just bolt wood boards to it because the uprights for the bows won't be able to slide inside since the bolts will be in the way.
Was either looking for the parts to complete them or a complete set.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks