• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2015 Military Transport Association of NJ Show & Swap Meet 4/18-19

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

mutt1966

Is the MilitaryRadioCollectorsAssociation going to be there this year, I dont remember seeing a post for them....
Iam looking for help with my GRC-106... Thanks, Scott

SSG Gibb

I am bringing some snatch blocks to the Show, Whiffle tree, and folding boarding ladders. if anyone is interested let me know. I'll be leaving no later then 9am.

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I'm out - have to work this weekend and can't take the time off at this point. Have fun guys, enjoy MTA, I'll get up there someday...

bonedoc

If anyone has a generator for an M35A2 multifuel let me know. I'd prefer on that is a rebuild or a core that can be rebuilt. Mine just started crapping out and it is a prestolite so I've been told the parts are no longer available to rebuild it.

Thanks

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Not that I will be there but if anyone has an SCR510 (BC610) radio with pre-45 mfg date AND/OR installation kit items to include power supply, I'm looking for one. At this point, the MB and deuce are the only thing I'm keeping.

HAWKMAN

If anyone has a generator for an M35A2 multifuel let me know. I'd prefer on that is a rebuild or a core that can be rebuilt. Mine just started crapping out and it is a prestolite so I've been told the parts are no longer available to rebuild it.

Thanks
I have a loose deuce gen I can bring to show for you to look at...don't know anything about it but def a core...I'm going to be leaving to set up in a couple hours, will be in 029 (cattle area)

bonedoc

I have a loose deuce gen I can bring to show for you to look at...don't know anything about it but def a core...I'm going to be leaving to set up in a couple hours, will be in 029 (cattle area)
That would be great. I'll be there on Sunday, planning to be there between 8&9am. I'll look for you. Do you know what manufacturer you have? I'll likely have whatever used one I pick up rebuilt before installing it.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great day at the show. MTA crew puts together a top notch show. Tomorrow looks to be a repeat of today so come out and check it out. You wont be disappointed!

ollied

Great show Fred S does a great job, some club members need some people skills> I was told to movr my vehicle at once or it would be towed .ther are getting the attitude as the folks at erc do not p##s of the vendors . I drove 278 miles each way . found what i wantd went home

LiqTenEXp

Great show Fred S does a great job, some club members need some people skills> I was told to movr my vehicle at once or it would be towed .ther are getting the attitude as the folks at erc do not p##s of the vendors . I drove 278 miles each way . found what i wantd went home
ollied,

Sorry if you felt someone had a bad attitude. We try to keep all civilian vehicles off the inner fairground areas during the show for safety and the feel of the show. Anyone who was found with a parked car was asked 3 times over the PA to please move it, usually each time attempting to make it sound more serious. If you missed the first few announcements, sorry. It is a constant problem during the day that we have no recourse but to announce it over the PA to find the vehicle owners. If someone let you into the inner fairgrounds during the day they shouldn't have.

If you would have contacted any club member at the show we always offer free transportation via fork lift or golf cart of any items purchased too big to carry back to your car from a vendor.

Last edited:

ollied

No 1 could hear your pa I was the old mam in the red h3 hummer parked in the shade by the trac building with the military trailer hooked to it, so my dog would be cool .I have been to every show but 1 started at the dover armory all i ask is 4 u folks to not to get so anal, we are there to have fun, i am a club member even i live almost 300 miles away enough said still 2nd best show gilbert is no1

acesneights1

I have to say I will probably never go again.. I had to listen guys riding UTVs at 11 oclock at night in the camping area. I had to pack up and move my RV at 11pm . When I said something to the staff the next day I was treated rudely and told I should not have been there Friday night anyway.Funny they had no problem taking my money Friday day to camp there.I left sat afternoon.I would have left after they said that but had to wait on a friend. I will never camp again if I do go. 200 miles to deal with that, no thanks.

Last edited:

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First, it was the best show that I’ve attended in the last 365days, as far as vendors and equipment.

Second, I drove over 500 miles, and only spent $1,600 in one day.

But hate to add my two cents on the negative side, but I also ran into an issue. I asked when I bought my ticket, as this was my first time here. That I was getting a few large items can we drive in at some point to load, I was told sure as long as your hand is stamped! So after walking back and forth a half doesn’t times with odd shaped parts (and never was offered a cart ride or a forklift, which no one told me was available!) I brought our pickup in to load the larger items. As I drove to the vehicle line I saw the sign that said no pov’s, so I stooped, and went to get the items. An individual on a golf card came and started with little compassion to tell me I was not allowed, He asked how I got in, I explained and he said I have to leave, because parts were not allowed to be sold there, I said I wasn’t I was just picking up what someone gave me and it was kinda big. He said I was not allowed to be there. I asked well if I had carried all this stuff out and left it in the parking lot how would it be secured, he lifted his shoulders and stated it wasn’t their problem. Well, I could spend that money some place else!

It was stated that it was for safety not to have pov’s driving around, I saw APC’s and large trucks driving around and I am to assume that was safe! I would suggest for large items to provide your own club ground guide if you want safety.
Outside of a few over powered individuals, I think it was a great show. But I might rethink my buying plans here or even the 500 mile drive in the future!

dstang97

Yeah I agree. They need to loose their attitudes. I can easily not bring any display items and bring my car next time. Nicer ride anyway driving 300+ miles.

SteveKuhn

First, thanks to the SteelSoldiers members who recognized my avatar on the trailer and stopped to talk. I love placing faces with names, though I'm notorious for losing track of both. Be gentle with me next time we bump in to each other.

It's disappointing to see these experiences recounted after such a beautiful weekend and so many people putting in lots of effort. Obviously some people were tired and/or didn't have the right answers. Seems like we have some constructive criticism for some better practices, better planning for and communication with attendees.

The club does try to provide transportation for heavy and bulky items, but it might be a bit of a wait to get it. For example, I took responsibility for hooking up a ride when someone got a couple of mounted Deuce tires from me. Most vendors do the same. That generally involves flagging down (or chasing down) a passing golf cart or Mule and waiting for them to complete the run they're on. There can probably be some improvements, but I can't picture it becoming as quick and painless as a pickup at IKEA.

Related -- not having civvy vehicles coming in for pickup is a matter of both ambiance and safety. It's much different having APCs and the like parade through the grounds in an organized way as opposed to having attendees with their pickups and trailers driving up to the sheds and the like. The former is adding to the flavor of the show while the latter is inviting an accident.

Nevertheless, I'd think that making improved arrangements for publicizing policies, in providing and calling for transport and perhaps even a somewhat secure pickup zone on departure could be part of next year's show planning. Just thinkin' out loud.

Likewise, I was pleased to see dogs at the show again this year after last years announcement that they were unwelcome. Lots of MVers are also doggers, just like the horse show people who use the fairgrounds. The locals know that the fairgrounds are largely dog friendly except at the State Fair, and we count on them at the gate. Joanne and I both taught and showed in obedience and agility for some years, so crating out of your van or trailer, and counting on others to keep their dogs well mannered in public are familiar topics. I suspect that the couple cases of having puppy playtime on leash in the aisles or roadways were mostly locals who don't realize that's not good doggie citizenship in larger crowds. I did diplomatically recommend once or twice that the leashes needed to be shortened and the horseplay moved to the side.

It's great to know that so many people drive long distances to attend Sussex, and it would be a shame to see some problems from this year discourage them from coming back. This is the first time I've seen these types of comments posted in conjunction with Sussex, and I'm sure that the club is sensitive to the importance of good reviews. Most business people know that for each bad review you hear, there are probably a number more just like it that you don't.

Here's hoping that everyone who had some tough breaks will give Sussex another shot in 2016.

Thanks for attending.

Steve

Last edited:

FormerNewMVGuy

We had the golf carts to assist people in taking items to there vehicles..... Sorry to the man who had the bad experience, we had a young member helping this this year, who kinda went on a little powertrip.....

I asked ollied to move his vehicle over the pa, it was parked where the tractor club parks there tractors for display.

We try to accommodate everyone, but I guess we can't make everybody happy all of the time.....
Until next year,Scott

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks