• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2015 Military Transport Association of NJ Show & Swap Meet 4/18-19

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe we as a club will work together to address all the comments. Lots of what is being discussed here was also being discussed loosely during the show.It did not go unnoticed. The crew working the show works for days before and days after to make this show great. I know I did as much as possible to help anyone that needed it with my mule. More often than not I would start out with one person and an item and by the time i hit the parking lot I had 3 or 4 people and a pile of parts. Please be patient as this show is growing so fast year by year that there will be growing pains but it will all get worked out.

Thank you to all that support the show and the hobby.

FormerNewMVGuy

We had the golf carts to assist people in taking items to there vehicles..... Sorry to the man who had the bad experience, we had a young member helping this this year, who kinda went on a little powertrip.....

I asked ollied to move his vehicle over the pa, it was parked where the tractor club parks there tractors for display.

We try to accommodate everyone, but I guess we can't make everybody happy all of the time.....
Until next year,Scott

I also want to add that the UTV riders where a problem , that I took care of.....They were a bunch of local LEO's who thought they could just do what they wanted.....
I will also like to apologize for that,
I just couldn't babysit everyone.... I did try though
Scott

HAWKMAN

That would be great. I'll be there on Sunday, planning to be there between 8&9am. I'll look for you. Do you know what manufacturer you have? I'll likely have whatever used one I pick up rebuilt before installing it.
Did you find your generator?? I must have missed you (likely in men's room...long walk back and forth)I'm close enough to you if you want to get together this week I can deliver...TX's HAWK

FormerNewMVGuy

I have to say I will probably never go again.. I had to listen guys riding UTVs at 11 oclock at night in the camping area. I had to pack up and move my RV at 11pm . When I said something to the staff the next day I was treated rudely and told I should not have been there Friday night anyway.Funny they had no problem taking my money Friday day to camp there.I left sat afternoon.I would have left after they said that but had to wait on a friend. I will never camp again if I do go. 200 miles to deal with that, no thanks.
I was the person you talked to, I did apologize about the UTV' s, I think k I was confused about what your complaint was, I thought you were saying you were charged for admission to the show, to which my reply was it wasn't a show day to the public on Friday, The money you paid was for camping,which is ten dollars..... Did you have a blue RV? Because if you did it should have been twenty dollars for hooking up to the power.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, and I'm sorry you felt I was rude to you.
Btw we get charged by the fairgrounds for the camping, so we must collect from people who camp, we don't make a penny from it.
Scott

DeucesWild11

I loved the show again, my third year and it keeps getting bigger each year. I quietly rolled my 395 tire and rim (300#) down to my truck. If you saw someone doing that.. it was me. The only complaint I could think of was when I wanted to purchase from a vendor who was not standing by his area. Happened twice.. I saw some people walk away.. Hey if you want to sell something you should stand near your stuff or if possible have someone else watch over it if you need to run out. Overall, great weather and a great show, I'll be there again next year for sure!

bonedoc

Did you find your generator?? I must have missed you (likely in men's room...long walk back and forth)I'm close enough to you if you want to get together this week I can deliver...TX's HAWK
I actually found a source with all the parts to rebuild the unit I have. I'm pulling it out and sending to a local rebuild shop and will have them source the parts or I will for them. Thanks, I was misinformed that parts for the unit I have were NLA. I thank you though and will be intouch if my unit is for some reason unbuildable or depending on how this goes I may contact you and grab it just to have a spare.

Thanks

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I thought it was a pretty good show again this year. There were a ton of good deals to be had, and I sold a surprising amount of stuff. I had no issues worth mentioning with the staff, although some of the other vendors I talked to were not happy about some things. My biggest complaint was with the gentleman who asked me to hold on to a 75 pound part for over 2 weeks and he'd pick it up at the show. Of course he never stopped by to pay me and get it (I guess he left early because of a disagreement about parking:popcorn:).

aheilmann68

I also had an issue with a few memebers on a power trip and poor attitudes but ill leave it at that. I didnt bring 3 vehicles up to be called a liar. I was planning on attending with the same three and something else sunday but yard work became more appealing vs the hassle. If there all these hidden policies it might be worth stating them.

Other than that,
A good vendor showing, great deals and a large volume of people in the field looking at trucks is a good thing. A lot of people asked a lot of questions about the trucks many of which said this was something new to them and the weather was perfect to spend the day at the show. It certainly helps the hobby/addiction and widens the audience for this type of hobby.

Last edited:

acesneights1

I was the person you talked to, I did apologize about the UTV' s, I think k I was confused about what your complaint was, I thought you were saying you were charged for admission to the show, to which my reply was it wasn't a show day to the public on Friday, The money you paid was for camping,which is ten dollars..... Did you have a blue RV? Because if you did it should have been twenty dollars for hooking up to the power.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, and I'm sorry you felt I was rude to you.
Btw we get charged by the fairgrounds for the camping, so we must collect from people who camp, we don't make a penny from it.
Scott
yes that was me and I paid 20$ for camping and then the gentleman I paid saw me walking around later and said he forgot to charge me admission and asked for an additional 10$ saying I needed to pay that as well so I Paid a total of 30$ which wasn't an issue but when I went on the MTA site to look for a phone number at 11pm at night to report the issue with the UTV's I saw it said admission was 5$ for adults and free for kids So I just wanted to know if they charged me for my son as he was only 9. 5$ doesn't mean anything to me and honestly I realize these events cost alot of money to put on.In fact had it not been for the UTV incident, I would have never even seen it. My anger was not over that. That was just an inquiry really. My anger was being parked next to a bunch of cops riding UTV's at 11pm at night right next to me then when I got up and went out and asked them if they were going be doing this all night they denied it was them and suspect they were intoxicated I decided for safety's sake to move the RV at 11pm. I wonder if the town of Lakewood(?)(Think that was what it said) sanctioned the use of a Police Truck to bring these UTVs to the site ? When I saw the Lakewood PD truck next to me earlier in the day I actually thought "Oh good they are probably here as part of the security. " Having a 9 yr old with me, that had actually made me feel a bit better. Well that was obviously wrong. It was dark and I could not tell you who was who but one of them did attempt to apologize but I felt threatened by the rest and moved. I would have left right then and there but I was there with other people transporting their stuff with my trailer. I wanted to get out of there ASAP and I will never return. I won't go to a place with cops on a power trip who could have possibly been drinking besides. I don't need that kind of crap at this point in my life. Too bad, it used to be a fun show. Always looked forward to it. I wonder if the Lakewood taxpayers know they are subsidizing this behavior.

Last edited:

max1008

I had a great time, no issues. Good deals, good vendors, nice talking with some guys from here. We actually drove into the vendor area 2x with a deuce, no questions.

bigbe5678

Hi Everyone I live about 1 hour ride from show it was the first MV show for me and I had a great time. I could not believe the great prices of some of the items It was a great thrill and form a newbie thanks to all for a great weekend... Will defiantly go to next show Best Mike

I thought it was a great show I sold just about all the ammo cans I brought. I don't get the UTV thing I understand the M Gator and the Mules, UTV's are civiy vehicles. Thanks to all the MTA members who work so hard!
:goodjob:

acesneights1

I thought it was a great show I sold just about all the ammo cans I brought. I don't get the UTV thing I understand the M Gator and the Mules, UTV's are civiy vehicles. Thanks to all the MTA members who work so hard!
:goodjob:
If you were the guy next to Evil Dr Porkchop yeah, I bought the last of them ...lol Great deal !! Thanks.

rickf

I also had an issue with a few memebers on a power trip and poor attitudes but ill leave it at that. I didnt bring 3 vehicles up to be called a liar. I was planning on attending with the same three and something else sunday but yard work became more appealing vs the hassle. If there all these hidden policies it might be worth stating them.

Other than that,
A good vendor showing, great deals and a large volume of people in the field looking at trucks is a good thing. A lot of people asked a lot of questions about the trucks many of which said this was something new to them and the weather was perfect to spend the day at the show. It certainly helps the hobby/addiction and widens the audience for this type of hobby.
I feel your pain, Had the same thing happen to me at Aberdeen a few years back except that it was club members that chased me out of my vendor spot and then where I went there were drunk military members doing drill all night! I hate to say it but I think camping at any of these shows anymore is a crapshoot. I think a lot of people just go to these shows to party, all day and all night. Sometimes the organizers are just plain outnumbered so it is not always their fault. Last year or the year before at Gilbert I had a guy next to me howling at the moon all night! It was almost comical except I was dead tired. I swore he would never pass out. Next morning I confronted him and his buddies and they told me he was out but he does that in his sleep after he drinks so much!!! You just plain can't fix stupid or ignorant! I almost came up to the show but something came up and I could not make it. I am sorry I missed the show but not sorry I missed the night time problems. In Scott's defense, he tends to be a little on the rough side but when he says he will take care of a problem he does do it.

215Dave

I was with max1008 all day Saturday and I concur, excellent show. Couldn't ask for better weather too. Great deals to be had, great variety of MV's and bumped into lots of familiar Steel Soldiers. Meet some new ones as well. Steve K, it was a pleasure talking to you. I will be in touch, I've already hit the beat sourcing the parts you need for the M-37. Dr. Evil, it was a pleasure talking to you and doing business as well. I will be in touch with you as well to purchase a few more parts for my M-37. The icing on the cake would've been if the UH-1 made an appearance again.... But too much icing, well ... spoils me

dstang97

I will say that I think it is B.S. That the club charges to camp in the field. No water/power. Etc. We spend enough time and money driving our slow, expensive fueled trucks to the show. They can make up the money somewhere else. Also did not like the big red threatening sign on my truck. I already know of 3 other people that will never camp there again.

jatonka

If the MTA is charged by the Fairgrounds for every camp space, why can't they charge you ? The MTA puts on the best show in the NorthEast, hands down. They host this for up to 5000 visitors per day. They pretty much become brothers with the attendees after seeing the same faces for a few years, and they bear the brunt of negotiating the fairground dates and cost, the huge insurance bill and the logistics of bringing volunteer members together to put the show on and clean up afterward. If some of the MTA guys make you think that they are on a "Power Trip", consider the behind the scenes responsibility they have.

The MTA puts on the best show I have ever attended, and I started attending at their first one in Dover NJ at the Armory in 2002 or 2003.

If guys wanna complain, complain about the shows that deserve it, IMHO. John Tennis

SteveKuhn

The club doesn't charge. The fairgrounds charges.

The way it is explained prior to the show, the fairgrounds checks, and then the fairgrounds charges the camping fees. The club just collects them -- without a markup. If the club doesn't collect them, the club still gets charged. There is no place to make up that kind of money.

Hope that's clarified.

Steve Kuhn

FormerNewMVGuy

I will say that I think it is B.S. That the club charges to camp in the field. No water/power. Etc. We spend enough time and money driving our slow, expensive fueled trucks to the show. They can make up the money somewhere else. Also did not like the big red threatening sign on my truck. I already know of 3 other people that will never camp there again.
We don't charge for the camping, the fairgrounds does, we are a non profit group', the little money we take in from the show, gets donated in one form or another, to active duty personnel and there families...
Plus we are all volunteers, we put in a lot of time to put this show on, we rent the fairgrounds, which isn't cheap, So if we have to pay for you to camp, then you are taking money away from our soldiers....
I thought this group was better than that...........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks