• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2015 Military Transport Association of NJ Show & Swap Meet 4/18-19

SteveKuhn

How can so many guys can type pretty much the same thing at the same time when they're hundreds of miles apart? Probably ate the same batch of $1 hot dogs at about 3 pm on Sunday.

Just amazing.

:smile:

Steve

dstang97

We don't charge for the camping, the fairgrounds does, we are a non profit group', the little money we take in from the show, gets donated in one form or another, to active duty personnel and there families...
Plus we are all volunteers, we put in a lot of time to put this show on, we rent the fairgrounds, which isn't cheap, So if we have to pay for you to camp, then you are taking money away from our soldiers....
I thought this group was better than that...........
I'm very glad the money went to soldiers. I have no problem with that.

dstang97

I did get some great deals at the show.
Whistler turbo, slave cables, m101 tailgate for under $150
Canvas generator cover, and a gauge cluster, for $30.

acesneights1

My issue wasn't the camping fee. I got electric out of it(well for one night anyway). 20$ is cheap for water and electric for the RV's. My issue was not being able to sleep and wondering if something was gonna get thrown through my 2000$ windshields by a bunch of jerks who think they could do whatever they wanted. Unless they were security or vendors with a need for transporting items during show hours, I see no reason why they were allowed in the first place. . I can assure you that crap isn't tolerated at the New Hampshire , Rhode Island or Comvec shows. If I ever go again, it will be for the day only.

Last edited:

emr

I would like to say a HUGE Thank You to ALL who attended, Our show has actually grown for 14 years and did again this year. It takes a lot, We appreciate ALL who come and enjoy what we do, we are always sorry when things happen that may not be up to par, No one is perfect and neither are we , we cant read the minds of people coming, we can only handle them as things happen ,,, and there is no perfect show. But we actually try . Many know that . From our very first show we have acted the same, we always have had the same rules, please look in past SS posts by me since SS was being invited.

I have copied all the good and the not so good, and just an fyi, since the first show the first meeting we have is about what we need to work on, that's all I will say .:)))) Thanks Randy Pres, Anyone who wants to call me 973 219 4499 any one who wants to e mail me randyemr@aol.com , Please let me know whats up. Thanks Randy :)))

foxtrk2

all in all id say the show was real good randy scott fred and tohers I know were pretty much on top of things sure there are always a few things that happen which cant be cought till after its happened so come on guys lets get real drunks driving around at night or not being able to get a mule to transport something heavy happens at every show around the country this show is one of th ebest on the eadt coast and ive been to most of them in the last five years and ill be back again next year as for the camping fees yes it was a surprise to some camping around there vehicles or in there trucks but as its been stated the fairground has been banging the club for the spaces since they have held the show there and its only recently the club has tried to collect back some of the fees if I knew they were getting charged because I put up a pup tent behind my truck id have paid voluntarily before they asked fo rit as I think most of you would have too just my two cents ralph

bonedoc

I was at the show on Sunday only as other family obligations filled the early part of the weekend. I live about 45 minutes away from the show and thought it was great. A lot to see and even at the end of the weekend there were deals to be had. I had parts to pick up from Ken Kublo, which it is awesome that him and others bring things down to save on shipping. I had brought a hardtop down with me for another member and the guys at the gates worked with me so I could bring it in and not have to carry it from the visitor parking lot to the display field. The guys working the gates were very helpful, understanding, and respectful. I understood they had a job to do and I was willing to be flexible with them as they were with me. All worked out and everyone was happy.
Sorry to hear about those that had issues when camping, personally those issues can and do happen anywhere at any camp ground even ones that are patrolled and have a security force. Unfortunately someof these people can't handle a few nights of freedom without getting out of hand....as it can be said....instant a$%hole...just add alcohol.
Looking forward to the Gilbert show and I'll be back next year.

emr

Ollie, Actually we discussed at the show some simple things I did not know, When talking send a fast something like " Message Coming " or some key word to get others attention, THEN>>> Say the announcement, The other is someone with a lot of experience told us to start talking side ways into the mics ? Hummm ,,, We are going to go thru some serious talk and fix that, sadly the sound was LOUD and CLEAR out in the field , So we did not hear about how gargled it was in the buildings till much later.... We are also going to check with the fair grounds if there is an issue with those speakers. Thanks MORE AWESOME!!!!! INPUT!!!!! THANKS :) :) Randy :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks