• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2016 Georgia Rally Multimedia GMVR16 Thread

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
My son, Michael, in Kenny's (Coffey1) Jeep. Kenny very generously allowed Michael to drive his 5-ton last year, and this year he let Michael drive the Jeep for several days. I can't thank you enough, Kenny. Not many 15-year old boys have that story to tell.

Michael patrolled the compound almost constantly in that M38A1. I was highly impressed/thankful for the caution and care he used while doing so. He seemed to be aware of his surroundings at all times and was on watch for any "situations".

His actions speak louder than words about his maturity and upbringing.:D

Congrats for raising what I perceive as a "Good Troop":beer::papabear:

Oh...and thanks for posting so many good pics and videos....and I apologize for stealing some of your pics off Facebook.:roll:

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I have no clue what PapaBear was up to - it could have had something to do with that pineapple cake thingy at the rally - but when he pulled into the truckstop for fuel on the way back - this line of MV MP's were following him.View attachment 650878
HA!!! That pesky County Sheriff in your former AO was never able to get me! Those MP's didn't have a frigging chance!
When we pulled in Tinwoodsman created a distraction by running to the MP OIC and yelling "Hey!! The driver of that Swift truck pulling out stole some Army stuff"!! They pulled out after Swift and gave us time to get coffee and sweets!:papabear:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Michael is a good kid I would not just let any 15 year old drive my trucks. But I see a very responsible young man there. He would have got to drive the hemtt but just was so busy and pulled in every direction. But there's next year.

TMNT

My son, Michael, in Kenny's (Coffey1) Jeep. Kenny very generously allowed Michael to drive his 5-ton last year, and this year he let Michael drive the Jeep for several days. I can't thank you enough, Kenny. Not many 15-year old boys have that story to tell.

Michael patrolled the compound almost constantly in that M38A1. I was highly impressed/thankful for the caution and care he used while doing so. He seemed to be aware of his surroundings at all times and was on watch for any "situations".

His actions speak louder than words about his maturity and upbringing.:D

Congrats for raising what I perceive as a "Good Troop":beer::papabear:

Oh...and thanks for posting so many good pics and videos....and I apologize for stealing some of your pics off Facebook.:roll:
Thank you kind sir. And, no apologies necessary regarding the photos. You are welcome to share them as much as you like. My brother, Daniel, actually took many of them. It was his first time at the rally (#6 for me).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
1. TheStig is really upping the ante here with these super high quality videos. We're all gonna' have to step our game up.

2. I didn't take any pictures.

3. We do have a few leftover t-shirts and I will ship 'em: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...hirts-for-sale-I-can-ship-these-Various-sizes

4. Our professional videographer got some great raw footage and once he edits it, I'll post it here and on the Rally Facebook page, but it's going to be awhile since he's doing this as a favor for us. Paying jobs always get the front burner.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks