• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OFFICIAL Florida Rally Pics & Video Links

mangus580

Night operations Friday night... I forget some names.... but devilman had to extract this Pinz from the middle of nowhere....

You can see the Green Mog in the distance, and at some point DC3Coyote finally dragged him out.

Attachments

mangus580

Now along the Scrambler as we were headed out.... "Sure, you can make it... just stay to the LEFT!!!"

Umm.... try your other left???

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the scramblers antenna! Do ya think that had anything to do with the stuck? I have NEVER been a part of that...I think..from what I can remember. No good can come from that. :p

mangus580

Man that scrambler was stuck!! We tried the Mog... and finally got it out using Dman's winch. Sure was a good thing he spooled all that new cable on Monday!

There was also a slight incident involving fire.... and the mishap of a broken clutch linkage.

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I woulda left it 'till morning and sucked down a few more barleys.

mangus580

Saturday brought out the best in everyone....

Doghead, Gimpy and I ran off to a local state park for showers... when we got back trucks were off in the mud already.

I took Dmans golf cart out to have a look see.... and got chastised for not taking it in the mud...

See results below....

Attachments

mangus580

I guess its time to mention, that Dman was jealous that I went and took a shower and was now all clean.... He also found the oppurtunity to get back at me for anything I may have said or done to him in the past....

Basically... he gave me a big shove outta the cart... right into the spray of mud from the golf cart wheel!!

Attachments

mangus580

I suppose I should mention that Dman got every one of his 3 vehicles stuck this weekend... The 1009 I had to show him how to get it out :driver:

we also wont mention the lockout hub incidient rofl

devilman96

Some pics Chuckles emailed to me...

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to offer a giant thanks to Mike for hosting such an event and the tireless hours, weekends and cubic funds it cost to put on such a first class event. Anyone there could tell you that the measly $10 admission probably didn't cover the first meal. You could not have eatin this good over the course of a weekend for $100. Another giant thanks to CliffW for not only doing all the fantastic cooking but for doing all the prep work, shopping for all the food, suplying the cooker and the wood to make it cook. Cliff spent hours a day over the cooker and never stopped smiling. Giant thanks to Chuck for braving the task as rangemaster and turning the lot of us loose with live firearms. The class III stuff was awesome too. Another big thanks to the northern contingent from MI and OH for coming in early and helping get set up including raising one of the GP tents from the dead. For not having a real rigid schedule, fun was had by all. 4 wheelin was happening at all hours of the day and night. Golf cart traffic was busy too as my son Jonathan and his counterpart Chance did most of the parts running and garbage disposal. My cart pretty much ran the entire time it was there. I would have like to try to gather up as many MVs as possible and go on a little convoy/ cruise but it never happened this year. There was so much going on all the time that we never even got a group photo together. We shared stories, food, parts, labor and freindship the whole weekend. I must admit, having everyone together at one venue was a blast too. One last thing, a summary of food to make the mouths water. Thursday was prime rib, corn on the cob and baked potatos. Friday was pork, baked beans, slaw and baked potatos. Saturday was chicken, burgers, dogs, green beans and corn. Now here's the kicker, Saturday for lunch we had a bucn of leftovers regrilled. Pork, prime rib and all the fixins. By the time the burgers and dogs came up, everyone was stuffed. Trust me folks, you coudn't have eaten this good for 10 times the price! Just a FIRST CLASS EVENT

ucfjeeper

It truely was an awesome sight to see. I was out there on Saturday afternoon/evening after I slipped away from the Mrs. We were moving all day and I promised her I would at least get the bedroom set up, well, let me tell ya, not 2 minutes later I was out the door to the rally. I was thouroughly impressed with how far some of the people came to have some fun with their trucks and just hang out and meet everyone. It's nice when you can put a face with the name through sharing pictures on the internet, but when you actually get to meet the people, it's even cooler. Especially with how nice everyone was at the rally.
While I was there, there was some interesting turns of evens, gas can catching on fire, BOOM! And as recovery said, the FOOD, oh my, the food smelt soo good. I did not partake in it, but wow, I will definatley be there next year.

Mangus, Recovery, Citizen, Gimpy, and all the others, it was a pleaseure meeting you all.
Thanks Lane and Chris for the parts!
See you all next year

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks