• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OFFICIAL Florida Rally Pics & Video Links

sak00

Recovry4x4 said:
I'd like to offer a giant thanks to Mike for hosting such an event and the tireless hours, weekends and cubic funds it cost to put on such a first class event. Anyone there could tell you that the measly $10 admission probably didn't cover the first meal. You could not have eatin this good over the course of a weekend for $100. Another giant thanks to CliffW for not only doing all the fantastic cooking but for doing all the prep work, shopping for all the food, suplying the cooker and the wood to make it cook. Cliff spent hours a day over the cooker and never stopped smiling. Giant thanks to Chuck for braving the task as rangemaster and turning the lot of us loose with live firearms. The class III stuff was awesome too. Another big thanks to the northern contingent from MI and OH for coming in early and helping get set up including raising one of the GP tents from the dead. For not having a real rigid schedule, fun was had by all. 4 wheelin was happening at all hours of the day and night. Golf cart traffic was busy too as my son Jonathan and his counterpart Chance did most of the parts running and garbage disposal. My cart pretty much ran the entire time it was there. I would have like to try to gather up as many MVs as possible and go on a little convoy/ cruise but it never happened this year. There was so much going on all the time that we never even got a group photo together. We shared stories, food, parts, labor and freindship the whole weekend. I must admit, having everyone together at one venue was a blast too. One last thing, a summary of food to make the mouths water. Thursday was prime rib, corn on the cob and baked potatos. Friday was pork, baked beans, slaw and baked potatos. Saturday was chicken, burgers, dogs, green beans and corn. Now here's the kicker, Saturday for lunch we had a bucn of leftovers regrilled. Pork, prime rib and all the fixins. By the time the burgers and dogs came up, everyone was stuffed. Trust me folks, you coudn't have eaten this good for 10 times the price! Just a FIRST CLASS EVENT
I couldn't agree more. In addition to D-man, Recovery4X4, Cliff, and all the others that put on a great event. I want to thank all the members that came. My truck came rolling in with a great oil wax job down one side. Note to self, don't use stainless steel for fuel lines. With hood up, it was a call to the SS Mechanics. People with toolboxes came a runnin. We had the the fuel lines fixed and running in about an hour. Thanks to everyone for their help.
Also for the guys that helped out with parts and pieces to put the clutch linkage back together on the Scrambler. I have never been that stuck before. I missed the turn and thought I'd shoot between two trees and back up on the trail. WRONG! She sank faster than the Titanic. After a Pinz and a Unimog tried to pull us out, In came a deuce with a winch. At the time, I did not know it was D-man's deuce. (Thank you for the pull)
Can't wait untill next year. This was one event you can't miss.
Thanks Guys for one heck of a show.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is getting weak. I knew I should have taken more pics. C'mon folks, someone has to have more pics! Mike, next year we have to volunteer someone to be the official photographer.

mangus580

Kenny, I have more... a pile from dc3coyote, some from chuck, some from dman, and more of mine. Its going to take a few days for me to finish sorting through them all...

alphadeltaromeo

nopics

:roll:

Just messing...great pics...loved the SS Florida Rally sign...excellent work all the way around at the event it seems like. The whole meals thing...wow. dhwife mentioned that doghead said ya'll had prime rib, etc. I was highly doubting that if I'm honest...but shoot, ya'll ate like kings and queens.

K Clint...kick it up 10 notches...

rjwj

Here are a few more pics.

And thank you to everyone involved with making the meet happen. Good company, great food, and lots of green iron to look at.

Attachments

poppop

This is the first chance i have had to get on the computer since I left Thusday. We had a ball and really enjoyed meeting everyone. My weekend just ended at 6:00PM tonight. Citizensoldier,gimpyrob, Rod and Cs's Mom convoyed home with us. Lane inlisted Mom to pull a trailer loaded with parts to North Carolina where they were going to pick up another truck to deliver to someone else on their way home. They were going to transfer the parts to that truck and Mom was coming back to FL. We arrived at my house at 11:00pm last night and visited for a couple hours. When I got up this morning Lane had discovered the truck he was supposed to pick up had been drained and it was not known if it would run or not. Gimpyrob had to be home at a certain time so they decided the trip to North Carolina was futile. They stayed here with us all day. We toured my greenhouses, looked at farm pictures, toured a cotton gin, checked out my other trucks, picked up some MV parts, witnessed a convoy of armed Humvees heading for Fort Stewart, and then drove onto Fort Stewart to see what was on the tank firing ranges. Nothing was there so we came back home and they pulled out at 6:00PM tonight. They are now headed for ADR's place in Carrollton Ga. Andy, they should be in around 10:30. Once again, this was a great weekend, thank you Mike for the effort , also Kenny for your efforts and Cliff for the great food. I was suprized I did not gain any weight on this trip. I think I was the only Ga. boy there. Guys, you don't know what you missed, put this weekend on you calender for next year.

710kJr.

Lol..I know you had fun pullin me out in the pinz mike!!! But you just wait till next yr. I will the first in line to pull you out!! hahah But my dad and I had a blast with everyone, the food wuz awsome Cliff!! I can not wait till next yr I will be counting the days

alphadeltaromeo

poppop...they had a good trip up to the place and got here about 11 p.m. We yacked for approx 15-20 mins and then everyone headed to bed. Got up...ate breaky and then did some loading and unloading and re-arranging of stuff for the trip up north. The left just after 10 a.m.

mangus580

Ok ok ok... here is some more pics

Attachments

mangus580

more...

Attachments

poppop

pictures

I am posting some pictures that I took Saturday night and Sunday morning. I can't figure out how to caption them but most are self explanatory.

Attachments

poppop

anybody notice Mangus, can't leave that computer alone. Most cell phones would not work but he was hooked up and tending to business.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks