• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oh my god.....wife posted this

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
akonitony: Just being honest. My wife is my partner,
and if it ever came to war, she would be right next to me
firing away. We are both disabled now, but that wouldn't get in our way. Anyway, she is a much better shot than I am. And as for who wears the pants in our family, My DI
explained that to me over half a century ago.
Bruce

My wife likes to say this: Honey, you are the head of the family, but I am the neck, and the neck can turn the head if it wants to. And this is the reason why I married her. She realizes my role as the husband, but does not for one second let me walk all over her. Eve was taken from Adam's side, not his foot, but God still explained his mistake for harkening to his wife's advice to eat the forbidden fruit.
Now it sounds like the gentleman whose wife gently advises him from time to time with possible alternatives, just so he sees the big picture, is a Godsend, and is doing her part in perfect harmony with the Creator's plan. However, a two-headed creature is a freak of nature, and usually does not live a full life expectancy. When it comes to the final decision, it is the man's responsibility to make it, stand by it, and suffer the consequences or reap the rewards. When it comes to the time of the great judgement and God asks me where the wife He gave me is, I want to be able to say she is by my side, and I took the responsibility He gave me as the priest of my household seriously.
Now for those of you ready to jump on me for this, let me tell you this first: The Messiah, or One most call Jesus, is our High Priest, and He is the One I must answer to for the family He has placed under my authority on earth. If I am foolish with any of the blessings He has given me, then they probably will be taken from me. However, since I have been studying scripture for the past couple decades, and since I try to honor God before man, even when it is easier to turn the other way, which is what many men do when it is time to assert authority, I have been blessed with so many things along with a great family there is nothing anyone can say to me to change my course.
God honors those who honor Him. He is very specific in telling us how to love our wives, and how they should respect their husbands. Just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, our wives today are suppossed to obey us, and in turn we should love them just as Christ loves His church. Any problems any of you may have with this need to be taken up with the One who set this system up in the first place. Good luck with that.
One last point I would like to make is how God also sometimes uses women to deliver His message, so one needs to be careful in his decision to take or not take his wife's advise. My case in point is a woman who had a third grade education, and has had more words published than anyone else in the history of our nation, except possibly Ben Franklin, and her name is Ellen White. If you read some of her books, you will realize the things I have said are true, and yet she is a woman, so like I said earlier, one must use one's judgement to make these decisions, but once they are made, stand by them and do not be swayed by a woman who wants to nag. Proverbs tells us a nagging woman is like the steady drip-drip-drip of rain off a roof, and it would be better to live on that roof rather than under it with a contentious woman.
Well, that should rattle some cages... go ahead now and let me have it.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No problem, you are just being honest with the way you feel, and rightfully so. As for what my DI told us, here you go:
"Once you are a Marine, the question never comes up, just ask any Woman Marine."
Bruce

rattlecan6104

I told my wife I was seriously considering getting one, we talked and argued back and forth, she hates military vehicles, and kept on saying it was impractical, and we cant afford it. I offered to sell my 78 gmc to buy it, and she finally said how about you get a hummer instead. At this point I stopped listening to her and started daydreaming while she laid down the chain of events that had to happen.

The next day I ran into her when she got off work, and said c'mon lets go. She asked what for. I said I got approved for a $27k loan to buy a H1, so lets go and look at a couple. She freaked out and reiterated what I did not hear earlier, then ended it with "FINE just get the deuce."

66Reo6X6

akonitony really appreciate what you have to say. I have collected a few MVs and more than a few civilian vehicles all while still being single but honestly would sell most of them if I could find a good wife as described in Proverbs.
Thank you for standing up for what you believe in.

dcwilkie

Here's the deal.
If your hobby cuts into your budget without leaving her anything and/ or possibly cutting into the household finances, then I completely side with her. On the other hand, if you can truly afford it, I don't see why she should object, unless she's one of those that is influenced by: "what will the neighbors think?" In that case, she's too concerned with the happiness of others and not concerned enough with yours.

My wife likes the change that's come over me since buying the Deuce. I'm happier and stay busy. No more "vegging" in front of the TV. She was "concerned" after I bought two M35A2s, one M109A3, the M36A2 and nine trailers, but now I whittled it down to the one M35A2 and one M105A2 trailer, she's definitely "on board". 'Specially 'cause I made some $$$ on the others and got some free ND tires out of the deal. She was VERY proud when I drove it in last year's Veteran's Day parade and got on Channel 48's coverage.
The one thing that makes her say "hmm" is when a bunch of packages start showing up (the brake cylinders, hoses, fluid, bullet muffler, etc.).
I can admit I have to be VERY careful not to overspend myself and run up a CC balance. There's a bad tendency to do that on my side of the family and I have to fight it like an addiction.

Good for her!
In all honesty, if you look back at some of my very first threads, you will see me whining about my wife complaining about the MV hobby. That is when I learned to think it through, reason with her once, and then not say another word no matter how much she nagged. I believe a certain Wreckerman983 can attest to the patience my wife now has since she did the driving of the chase vehicle on our last recovery of 4 deuces from Redstone Arsenal. She has become a real trooper, and now that we have two places to go between, the big trucks have come in handy. I'm going to be hauling 4 Rottys and 1 Jack Russell Terrier down there soon, along with 200' of 9-guage chainlink fence and 8 corner post that came from Ft. McClellan's tear down, in my M109. I will post the pics of the cool packing job in a couple weeks. And later I plan to use one of the regular deuces to haul a load of chirt to fix one of our driveways to that piece of land. I also plan on inviting everyone for a rally there sometime around August or September. It is about 2 miles from Blue Springs in Florida, and we have 10 acres, so parking your big trucks should not be a problem.
For those of you with wives/girlfriends worried about the cost, a deuce cost me about $300 per year to insure with farm fleet insurance from Nationwide, and like the other gentleman noted, they keep us occupied and alive rather than vegging in front of the big screen all day. I also fully agree if your kids need shoes or the fridge is empty, and one is still looking on GL for thier next purchase, one may need to see a counselor for this addiction.

jaxsof

Mine asked "Where are we going to park it? I told her its only about 4 feet longer than the Dodge I have parked on the front street.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Lady got her 109 first, I had to wait a year to get my M35A2 cargo bed.
She likes camping out away from people. I've been living in, and building, live-in rigs for about 30 year, perfect match up.
We are right now starting our build (and yes, . . . we will be posting a build thread)
My truck is still waiting for the SF-97 and new batterys.

LowTech

Attachments

I bought 700' and 70 poles, some of which were bent, for $1500. We have chickens up here on our place in Alabama, and they like to go over to our closest neighbor's house and dig in their flower beds, so I needed to put up at least a 6' fence on that side of our property. 500' will cover about half the length I need. I still am busy busting the poles out of the 300# (Not exagerating at all) of concrete the military has used to set each pole, which is actually pipe, and is even threaded on the ends.
I'm not sure when they put in this fence, but my guess is when Ft. McClellan was built, and that concrete is still tough. It takes me about an hour with a 12# sledge for each post, and then I have to recover for a few days, depending on how bad my back hurts. In 2 months I have busted out 12 poles, so it is going to be a while. I just keep telling myself I save about $20 for each pole that I don't have to buy at Lowe's. Then I play chicken herder. I actually have found they won't go over there if I let them out of their pen after 1700 hrs. I guess they figure they don't have enough time to cover all their chicken party spots before sunset. They are a trip, and my son loves to eat fresh eggs, so they are worth the trouble.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Referring back to Post #1 of this Thread....

Ok, so here is the problem. Enjoying this site! OOOPS........ thats not the problem. The problem is my wife. She might be tired of my " green addiction". And i haven't even bought anything yet!!!!!! aua Here is a post i found.

FREE HUSBAND TO GOOD HOME: Good condition, hardly used. He requires discipline, but he's house trained and occasionally does dishes. He's a bit temperamental and needs a good kick in the ass to work properly. His Remote, Steel Soldiers Website and computer included.
I Will consider any offers - would love to exchange for maybe a cat?

So who here has wives/girlfriends and how do they sway them over to the "green side"? Until this is resolved, i am deuce-less. Help me out here guys!!!!!

I am very blessed to have not only a loving and supportive wife, but she is also my best friend, confidant, soul-mate, and perfect "balance" for my eternal optimism.

We are both very patriotic veterans (I'm AF, she's Army) and will be celebrating our 6th aniversary on this coming 4th of July (The WHOLE nation celebrate OUR special day.)

The link below ("Story") tells of our MV acquistion... The only "convincing" that I had to do was to provide a reasonable "necessity" for owning a deuce.... Ours is a PET EVACUATION VEHICLE if that ever becomes reality. We have 5 dogs (300lbs total weight) and 5 cats, and no other vehicle in our motorpool capable of hauling them all if we had to. In the meantime, it's a fun toy and an ARK - for Acts of Random Kindness.

You might want to add this book to your reading list....
How To Win Friends and Influence People
It's an "old" book but it teaches some valuable "basics" that I think may help you.

Good luck, my friend.... Good Luck!

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There you go. I like the boat idea. And if you make it a really big boat you could tell her that you have to buy a deuce and a half in order to tow it. :D

Ruppster

Before buying books, spending money on make-up dinners or other remedies to the problem you might want to consider to change your signature:

"I like my wife, but i love my deuce"

If my wife would read that - no...... I don't want to think about it.........

aua

Cheers,
Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks