• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oh my god.....wife posted this

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep LowTech, it sure was. I will be working on something similar but it will be sometime in the future.
Bruce

ABN173

I just bought Heather Mae a new puppy, and I got to get two more Fords. So it's give and take.

She won't ride in a camo truck though, so I'm safe to cruze around in the 1009.

Adrianspeeder

My wife is fine with riding in my M1008 as well as my old M1009 (sold) but she does not want to drive any of them.

Wanna hear the odd part?

She was active duty herslf and drove both the LMTV as well as a tracked ambulance while she was stationed at FT Hood.

-Dale

AtomicHillbilly

Hmmm... Am I getting into this hobby for the wrong reason? I was hoping to GET a girl by driving around an old army truck. (that and to annoy the Prius, Smart, and Leaf drivers at work- I want to get a bumper sticker that says "I bought this truck because my Hummer wasn't big enough")

Of course, if prior experience were any indicator, this chick magnet idea won't work either. Everyone said that when I bought my CJ I wouldn't be able to keep the girls away. Didn't work. They said the same thing about my H3. Didn't work. (well, ironically enough, I did go on a couple of dates with the president of the Environmental Action Committee at college with the H3- she would make me give her a call when I pulled up, then would duck through the bushes so no one would see her get in a Hummer... :mrgreen: still proud of that one)

Then I bought a house. That didn't work either. If I didn't know better, I would think that being a geeky nuclear engineer might have something to do with scaring the girls off. Oh well. Maybe the M35a2 will have the desired effect on the cute Home Depot cashier I've been eyeing lately...

nhdiesel

I have been blessed. My wife has no problem with "green iron", and has even driven the Deuce...and enjoyed it! She will be going to the Maine rally with me. The limit is finances, otherwise she would let me keep the Deuce.

She still hasn't come 100% to the "dark side" though, as I still get strange looks and the eye roll thing from time to time.

The other problem is that she thinks one is enough. She just doesn't understand that they all have different personalities, so more is better. She also doesn't understand that they are part bunny, and can multiply quickly. Hey, somehow I bought 1, which somehow turned into 2.

Jim

Cigarjoe

Hmm..... have you just tried being the MAN of the house and buying one...... you could give her the courtesy of telling her what you plan to do before you actually buy it if you want. [thumbzup]

Just saying....... :confused:

LOL Dude must not be married or she's in a coma :grin:

WARWAG

Ok, so here is the problem. Enjoying this site! OOOPS........ thats not the problem. The problem is my wife. She might be tired of my " green addiction". And i haven't even bought anything yet!!!!!! aua Here is a post i found.

FREE HUSBAND TO GOOD HOME: Good condition, hardly used. He requires discipline, but he's house trained and occasionally does dishes. He's a bit temperamental and needs a good kick in the ass to work properly. His Remote, Steel Soldiers Website and computer included.
I Will consider any offers - would love to exchange for maybe a cat?

So who here has wives/girlfriends and how do they sway them over to the "green side"? Until this is resolved, i am deuce-less. Help me out here guys!!!!!

Why do you do dishes? Am I missing something?

Sounds like to me you need to post a "To Anyone who will take her" AD in some Metro Sexual forum. I think thats what they call guys who act gay but are straight.........:cookoo: Good Luck with your next wife. Maybe we should have a couples thread here? The requierments for the women should be. Can change a tire. Can load her own mags ect ect......

As far as what we did to persuade our wives to the green side..... They have to have been raised proper to begin with. My wife loves to camp, hike, shoot and hunt. She wants a M1007 (civilian Suburban converted to look like a Military rig) to haul our kids around Outback on our camping trips. Good luck finding one of these little Gems. Apparently they are getting harder and harder to find.

WARWAG

Hmmm... Am I getting into this hobby for the wrong reason? I was hoping to GET a girl by driving around an old army truck. (that and to annoy the Prius, Smart, and Leaf drivers at work- I want to get a bumper sticker that says "I bought this truck because my Hummer wasn't big enough")

Of course, if prior experience were any indicator, this chick magnet idea won't work either. Everyone said that when I bought my CJ I wouldn't be able to keep the girls away. Didn't work. They said the same thing about my H3. Didn't work. (well, ironically enough, I did go on a couple of dates with the president of the Environmental Action Committee at college with the H3- she would make me give her a call when I pulled up, then would duck through the bushes so no one would see her get in a Hummer... :mrgreen: still proud of that one).

LMAO! Im proud of that one too!:not worthy:

My wife wanted to go to school to further her career (she's a RN, BSN), so I agreed to supporting her with that, and now she is in a program online to receive a doctorate in nurse practitioning. In return, I get to spend the same amount on my hobby of collecting MVs. It cost about $1k per month or $3k per semester for her schooling, and the VA is actually paying for about half of that since I'm a disabled vet. Also, when she graduates, she will make about twice what she is making now, so it's a win-win situation. She also understands it is our patriotic duty to preserve MVs as they are part of our country's history, without which, we would probably be speaking either german or japanese.

Where did I find her you ask? Well, it wasn't in a bar, and it wasn't in a car. It wasn't on a train, and it wasn't in the rain. Where can I find a wife to get me outa this lurch? I'll tell you my friend, you'll find her in church!
2cents

Wintermute

hehe, my wife helped me pick out my M715 and loves it...she even named it. Guess I just got lucky. May be a bit different when I go to get a bobbed duece though...we'll see :D

--Wintermute

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My wife is very understanding. She understands my need for heavy metal( My first love is trains) so she sorta let me buy an 814. I am sure that when it comes home, I will have to make a sizable contribtion to her scrapbooking fund. And I am sending her to LA for a week.

akguy

Hey everyone, hope everybody had a good Labor Day Weekend/Holiday. When i first started this thread, it was meant for humor. Suddenly the response's started to get personal. Which is ok, but just wanted to clear the air here. My wife wasn't exactly pro guns when we first met. After learning that i was kind of a gun enthusiast, she educated herself on something she at first didn't like. Now she owns a Taurus 357, Springfield XD40. Concealed permit was held by her in Alaska . We moved here to Florida to be closer to both her family and mine. Well, we all know what the economy started doing a few years back. So between raising a family....3 daughters, some medical issues, etc, finance's are not what they were a little while ago. That is why i don't have a deuce yet. My wife has always stood by me and would never say no to something that was important to me! In fact she has gone from "they are ugly trucks" to "maybe we could save up some more money and get that 5 ton that you want". That gentlemen, is my wife. Sorry to ramble, just wanted to set the record straight. Once again great site and will be looking forward to getting to a rally one day and meeting some of you.

David

sidlloyd

Understand the wife!

I had the same issue with my wife. Over the years, I've worked hard to include her. What helped the most was reading books together. If there was something I wanted her to read, I would read it out loud to her. That way we were on the "same page." We've done this with prepping, gun ownership, and spiritual studies.

Saves a lot of hearburn if I include my wife in my hobbies. Even having her help handing me wrenches and stuff.

I've found it's important to reciprocate. I just finished hanging some drapes for her.

Sid

I told the wife I was throwing out low ball bids on GL to see if I could win any deuces cheap (IT'S TRUE!) and I won two at once (whoops). She wasn't too mad either. I think you need to "accidentally" buy a MV now.