• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oh my god.....wife posted this

I've noticed the prices have come way down on the M35A2s ever since the M35A3s have come out on the market. They were cheap at first, like around $3500, but now you can't seem to find them for less than $5k. I bought one out of SC a couple months ago and ended up paying right around $5500 with tax and all. Same auction, I bought a decent M109A3 for $1300, while I had paid $4500 for a slightly nicer one at the beginning of the year. Supply and demand...:confused:

deuceiswild

Definitly need a support clinic for the wives that are still on the edge. If it werent for my 6 year old son just beaming about the fact that daddy bought a MV I would still be sleeping with the yellow lab outside, or would he be inside?
I think the shock of something as large as a Deuce is hard for a woman who collects purses or shoes that can all easily fit in the bedroom closet.

WARWAG

Hey everyone, hope everybody had a good Labor Day Weekend/Holiday. When i first started this thread, it was meant for humor. Suddenly the response's started to get personal. Which is ok, but just wanted to clear the air here. My wife wasn't exactly pro guns when we first met. After learning that i was kind of a gun enthusiast, she educated herself on something she at first didn't like. Now she owns a Taurus 357, Springfield XD40. Concealed permit was held by her in Alaska . We moved here to Florida to be closer to both her family and mine. Well, we all know what the economy started doing a few years back. So between raising a family....3 daughters, some medical issues, etc, finance's are not what they were a little while ago. That is why i don't have a deuce yet. My wife has always stood by me and would never say no to something that was important to me! In fact she has gone from "they are ugly trucks" to "maybe we could save up some more money and get that 5 ton that you want". That gentlemen, is my wife. Sorry to ramble, just wanted to set the record straight. Once again great site and will be looking forward to getting to a rally one day and meeting some of you.

David

So what your saying Dave is that you really dont do the dishes. :mrgreen: I think we all knew you were being funny to begin with. I for one did at least.

WARWAG

Definitly need a support clinic for the wives that are still on the edge. If it werent for my 6 year old son just beaming about the fact that daddy bought a MV I would still be sleeping with the yellow lab outside, or would he be inside?
I think the shock of something as large as a Deuce is hard for a woman who collects purses or shoes that can all easily fit in the bedroom closet.

But when it comes to move said collection of shoes they will then be able to appreciate the size of a 5 Ton cargo truck.

Your poor wife has only one closet full of shoes? Mine has three, and twice now she has torn the support brackets out of the wall because she had too much weight on the hangers and shelf. The last time it happened was while I was brushing my teeth. I'm minding my own b'ness just doing the dental thing when all'thesudden, it sounds like a tank is coming out of the closet behind me. I 'bout had a heart attack. Then I realized: it's just another closet falling victim to my wife's clothes addiction.
That's why she now has three closets full o' stuff. The woman has 4 pairs of flip-flops at the entrance of our house in Florida. I asked her why and she pointed out one pair was red, the other pink, and the other green. I then pointed to my one pair sitting beside all her's and commented how black pretty much covers it all. Anyway, hopefully you will not experience the death of the closet like I have. I told her this last time I am not fixing the hanger sytem in it again. And I have stuck to my guns. So now when she is getting ready it takes her even longer. It's actually quite entertaining to watch her scurry from the closet in our bedroom to the one in our guest room to the one in our den trying to get dressed to go out. She was also going to start putting clothes in our son's closet, but I protected his property from the closet Nazi.

But when it comes to move said collection of shoes they will then be able to appreciate the size of a 5 Ton cargo truck.
I think mine would need two 5-tons and a deuce-and-a-half, and that's just for her shoes. You may think I am kidding, but she makes Imelda Marcos look kinda average as far as shoes go. I keep reminding her she only has two feet, and there are only 365 days in a year, but she seems oblivious when it comes to shoe time...

Hey everyone, hope everybody had a good Labor Day Weekend/Holiday. When i first started this thread, it was meant for humor. Suddenly the response's started to get personal. Which is ok, but just wanted to clear the air here. My wife wasn't exactly pro guns when we first met. After learning that i was kind of a gun enthusiast, she educated herself on something she at first didn't like. Now she owns a Taurus 357, Springfield XD40. Concealed permit was held by her in Alaska . We moved here to Florida to be closer to both her family and mine. Well, we all know what the economy started doing a few years back. So between raising a family....3 daughters, some medical issues, etc, finance's are not what they were a little while ago. That is why i don't have a deuce yet. My wife has always stood by me and would never say no to something that was important to me! In fact she has gone from "they are ugly trucks" to "maybe we could save up some more money and get that 5 ton that you want". That gentlemen, is my wife. Sorry to ramble, just wanted to set the record straight. Once again great site and will be looking forward to getting to a rally one day and meeting some of you.

David
I never met a David I did not eventually like. So if you want to go to the GA rally, and take your family in a deuce, you can borrow one of mine. Right now I have one with a winch down at our Florida home in High Springs, and I will be driving my M35A3 with a big load of dirt in the back to fix one of the driveways at that property where the rain washed it out pretty bad on Tuesday. So if y'all want to cruise on up to High Springs, we could go swimming at one of the many springs nearby (Hornsby, Poe, Blue, Ginnie, or Ichatucknee), then each take a deuce on up to the rally. I also have an M1009 there as well if we need more passenger room. I'd be willing to bet if she rode in a deuce, she would want one - actually, thinking about it, you might want to invest in a good set of ear muffs. BTW, that Taurus .40 cal is about as nice as they come. I don't think I have ever fired a more balanced piece in my life, and it's about as accurate as a rifle.
Anyway, the invite to share the blessings stands. Just let me know if you want to go. We are right near I-75 about 30 minutes north of Gainesville.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks