• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ok, New site...

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks for unbanning me! "Forever" is a long time to be without access to SS! :)

I had no idea that you were revamping the site (or that it needed an overhaul), but I like the way it looks now. Keep up the good work!

mangus580

One question Mike, why?
IMHO, very tiring to navigate the site, too many colors, no fields visible and I miss the PS magazine random shot.
You know me, always complaining. :)

Many Many new features.... thats why

PS Mag will be back... just gonna take me a little bit to get it moved over.

(no fields visible???)

Elohim1

Looks Good

Shwoooo ,,, I thought I was banned with out a trial...... Looks Like I am not the only one.

Anyways, Site looks awesome , I hope to start frequenting it more often , again.

There is none better !!!!

Great Job !

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many Many new features.... thats why

PS Mag will be back... just gonna take me a little bit to get it moved over.

(no fields visible???)
Yeah, log-in fields for example.
On the old site I had white text on black background, which is very comfy to read, this is much more strenuous and I will have to reduce my time here for sure, old eyes and all that.
Miss having the images to scroll to while typing.....

No.2Diesel

Hello,

More constructive criticism yaayyy!

I like the colors etc. hopefully the main page as well as others will be more "space efficient" Some text and borders/boxes are unnecessarilly too big. I feel like I'm reading in the senior citizen section at the library.

-------------------------------------------------------

I had a question/comment about image attachments: I just saw another thread where someone posted multiple pics. The pics are thumbnails and you have to click the pic to enlarge each one individually, constantly clicking the back button as well as waiting for the thumbnail to load.......

This thumbnail "stuff" is very cumbersome and tiresome to deal with. A pic heavy post will cause viewers to skip viewing most pics due to the time involved. I really like previous method of picture viewing. Please put it back that way.

Thanks for your time & effort

jasonjc

Hello,

More constructive criticism yaayyy!

I like the colors etc. hopefully the main page as well as others will be more "space efficient" Some text and borders/boxes are unnecessarilly too big. I feel like I'm reading in the senior citizen section at the library.

-------------------------------------------------------

I had a question/comment about image attachments: I just saw another thread where someone posted multiple pics. The pics are thumbnails and you have to click the pic to enlarge each one individually, constantly clicking the back button as well as waiting for the thumbnail to load.......

This thumbnail "stuff" is very cumbersome and tiresome to deal with. A pic heavy post will cause viewers to skip viewing most pics due to the time involved. I really like previous method of picture viewing. Please put it back that way.

Thanks for your time & effort
On the other hand for us poor folk in the sticks with dial up it maybe faster. I know I HAVE to skip some post because of all the pic and miss out on stuff. So not shure if this is better or wost. Let it go for a few days or weeks and see. just my2cents

mangus580

Well... I do have an option in the works for you guys in the sticks....

How would you like the ability to subscribe to a 'forum' like a mailing list? It would send you each post in an email, and allow you to reply the same way (via email). Attachments would come in the email as links.

Of course, you would still always be able to come to the site too.....

Cdub

I think the site looks OUTSTANDING..........!!!

I'm sure it will take some time to navigate the site, but that's just a learning curve.

I would like to add that I did like the old members list better then the new one.

Example,

New list looks like this:

» Online Users: 115
39 members and 76 guests
Cdub , 272 , BFR , BKubu , Boatdocter , Chow717 , Crazyguypa , dabtl , dhwife , dittle , Djfreema , ETHOS , Floyd , gimpyrobb , halftrack , HAWKMAN , hobie237 , ida34 , JohnFire , Jones , Junkyard Wars Crusher , mangus580 , No.2Diesel , OB , offroaddiesel , Oldvw2 , papabear , peyton , poof , Recovry4x4 , Srjeeper , Stan45 , support , swbradley1 , timberline , Towerguy1 , wehring , wiggall , zak

I did like the straight up and down much better and eaiser to read or scan through the members that are on line.

» Online Users: 115
39 members and 76 guests
Cdub
BFR
BKubu
Boatdocter
Chow717
Crazyguypa
ect.

Best of Luck,

C'dub

greybird

The sad part is that only you will know the hours you put into his changeover. ( and perhaps your wife). It's been an amazingly fast and relatively painless changeover... at least from the user's point of view.

Thanks Mike

mangus580

The sad part is that only you will know the hours you put into his changeover. ( and perhaps your wife). It's been an amazingly fast and relatively painless changeover... at least from the user's point of view.

Thanks Mike
I dont think she has a clue... she was in bed LONG before I was last night!

rofl

jasonjc

Well... I do have an option in the works for you guys in the sticks....

How would you like the ability to subscribe to a 'forum' like a mailing list? It would send you each post in an email, and allow you to reply the same way (via email). Attachments would come in the email as links.

Of course, you would still always be able to come to the site too.....

So far this is working great for me. I've never did the mailing list thing. The site always seem to load good for me. And I'm conected at a blazing 45.3Kbps:cry:

Thanks for the great job you are doing Mangus.