• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ok, New site...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it's doable. Just take us old farts quite a spell to get accustomed to it. The picture thing is weird but I suppose I'll get used to it (have no choice). Will you eventually be able to integrate the chatbox into the new site?

mangus580

I think it's doable. Just take us old farts quite a spell to get accustomed to it. The picture thing is weird but I suppose I'll get used to it (have no choice). Will you eventually be able to integrate the chatbox into the new site?
What 'picture' thing? How the images are shown?

Yes, chat will be moving soon....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, not being able to scroll down the page and view pics. I need to go back to the GA rally multimediia thread and have a looksee.

mangus580

Yeah, not being able to scroll down the page and view pics. I need to go back to the GA rally multimediia thread and have a looksee.

Got it... It has its advantages and disadvantages...

I am hoping to keep the thumbnails like this, but when you click on one, be able to 'page' through the images in that post... instead of having to close each one.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just went back to the multimedia thread. Only one pic on the 1st page had a thumbnail, all the other ones were clickable links. Is this how it will be or can we select to post a thumbnail instead of a link? The site is pretty quick though

jasonjc

I like the new pic, with the thumnails. All the pages I've open today have had all the pic showen with the thumnails.

Last edited:

mangus580

Just went back to the multimedia thread. Only one pic on the 1st page had a thumbnail, all the other ones were clickable links. Is this how it will be or can we select to post a thumbnail instead of a link? The site is pretty quick though
No... I still have thumbnails rebuilding... there are a TON of images yanno ;-)

devilman96

Great work Mike I know this has been a LONG time coming to get everything up to par!

Where as a lot of people will love it some are going to hate it but guys... Give Mike time to work out the bugs and BS associated with the change (weeks & months not days!!!) If you only knew the difficulty of doing something like this! Importing data bases, scripting code, debugging... Its horrid work to do especially when people are whining and griping at you about the smallest of things.

The online members list will get put into order...
PS will find a place...
Images will get moved...
If its hard to read... maybe a monitor upgrade for xmas?
etc... etc... etc...

The old software version had YEARS of tweaking done by Mike... Its gonna take time, just be grateful we have him working on it or we would look like every other generic blog on the planet!

Elwenil

Love the new look, Mike. No complaints here so far. This is very similar to most of the other forums I visit so it's much more natural for me. The way the images are displayed might be weird to some but it does save space as far as the scroll length of the thread. If it's possible to get the images to scroll like a manual slideshow, that would be excellent as it would display the pics with fewer clicks and still be easy on the thread length. On the threads I have looked at so far it seems the pics are smaller when they are blown up than they were on the old site, and I do miss the large pics since details can be important in some of the pics displayed.

All in all this seems to have gone pretty well and I for one, am very happy with it. I've been on various forums during quite a few of these forum software changeovers and this seems to have gone a lot quicker than most. Generally the site is down for a day or more and then is plagued by bugs for the next weeks but you seem to have been on top of this one pretty well. Great job and you work is very much appreciated!

Whoah!

I thought I drank too much Gentleman Jack or something. After rubbing my eyes I realized I had replaced my old monitor that blew with a new Flat Screen over the weekend so that must be the cause........ Nah, neither one!

Mike, Hat's off to your work to make things better for us. It will take a me bit to begin navigating to see where everything is but I know that will be a lot less work than you put in here.

Ok, I'm off to navigate the site and check PM's for some decals I shipped to see if they got them.

PS.

What is a Goldbrick media option? I know what a Goldbricker is........................

mangus580

What is a Goldbrick media option? I know what a Goldbricker is........................
I really havent quite figured that feature out yet. I was hoping it was going to let me do the video gallery, so I installed it....

but alas... it wasnt what I wanted.

Ahah! It's Goldbrickin' on yah. Insert LOL here.

Oh yeah, and where did all them little emoticons go.......?

I'm gonna miss "This Thread Is Worthless Without Pics!"

And what is the "Add to Reputation" next to the "on" at the bottom our avatar table? I don't need anymore reputations in this town.

Last edited:

mangus580

Oh yeah, and where did all them little emoticons go.......?

I'm gonna miss "This Thread Is Worthless Without Pics!"
Aww... C'mon, I forced you guys to read threads for a reason!!! Answer is there for this...

Where did all the classifieds go? I had 6 or 7 ads listed....
Aww... C'mon, I forced you guys to read threads for a reason!!! Answer is there for these.....