• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh WT 2206 plow trucks

jatonka

Dave P, on the picture named Kosh.jpg you show an orange one with the one piece forward sloping windshield. What Cat engine would have been put in one like that during a 1990 Oshkosh factory remanufacture? 3406 or 1673? Thanks if you can help with this, John T

jatonka

Thanks DaveP, but the one I am looking at is Cat not a Cummins, I will have to get another look at it and find a engine plate on it. It also has an automatic transmission. Thanks, JT

snowplow

Thanks for the pix's Dave, I have seen a/c with starters like that, but not a truck, cool. My WT-2206 was re-built in 86 & has a Cat 1693, I have been told the later re-builds got the 3406. That has got to be a very old truck with that starter, very interesting.

snowplow

Well that settles it we have a P serries & a WT-2206! If avilable the WT-2206 is worth trying to save as not much in the way of parts sources if nothing else.
That tag on the 2206 is interesting, I understand the year of reman was first in the serrial # 86-, but the re man said 82? some what confusing.

jatonka

Thank you very much, I am heading to the diesel shop tomorrow with about 60 injectors to get tested and have them check out the pop tester iI got this past weekend. That will put me close to the WT-2206, I'll be able to check it out better tomorrow. Now I know what I'm looking for and I saw the plate in the cab, just couldn't read it that night. JT out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks