• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Our Deuce from start to (almost) finish!

NJDEUCE

One of the better looking Deuces around, excellent work.
Somebody can weld. .
Thank you sir! I am a certified pipeline welder, so its what I do everyday! I welded everything on the truck with a Lincoln 110v MIG welder that I won in a competition, and surprisingly it worked well. The steel on the truck was very thin and where it was rusty it was a pain to weld. My dad (as seen in previous pictures) worked on cutting the new plates and patches, he is a great fitter.

Just recently after we had gotten the PTO all hooked up, we had the truck at a local show and noticed a small leak. It was coming from the back plate on the PTO, so my dad thought it might be a dry/bad seal. He took it off, made a new gasket and added some sealant. When he started adding oil back into the transmission, I noticed it was still leaking...and I also saw what looked to be a crack :-|. He removed the plate and we brainstormed on what to do. It looked like it was either cast iron or steel, but looked like steel so I attempted to TIG weld it. It was a PITA because it was so porous and I had to chase the crack around, but I got it. My dad re-drilled one of the bolt holes, added some more sealant and bolted it back up. Success! I have some pictures of the plate in question.

Attachments