• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Our Deuce from start to (almost) finish!

NJDEUCE

One of the better looking Deuces around, excellent work.
Somebody can weld. .
Thank you sir! I am a certified pipeline welder, so its what I do everyday! I welded everything on the truck with a Lincoln 110v MIG welder that I won in a competition, and surprisingly it worked well. The steel on the truck was very thin and where it was rusty it was a pain to weld. My dad (as seen in previous pictures) worked on cutting the new plates and patches, he is a great fitter.

Just recently after we had gotten the PTO all hooked up, we had the truck at a local show and noticed a small leak. It was coming from the back plate on the PTO, so my dad thought it might be a dry/bad seal. He took it off, made a new gasket and added some sealant. When he started adding oil back into the transmission, I noticed it was still leaking...and I also saw what looked to be a crack :-|. He removed the plate and we brainstormed on what to do. It looked like it was either cast iron or steel, but looked like steel so I attempted to TIG weld it. It was a PITA because it was so porous and I had to chase the crack around, but I got it. My dad re-drilled one of the bolt holes, added some more sealant and bolted it back up. Success! I have some pictures of the plate in question.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks