• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OUT AND ABOUT WITH MY HMMWV

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not much going on down here in TX, I am becoming such a wuss in my old age, at 60F I was actually cold on my 60 mile round trip to the docs this morning in the DuraVee and I was wearing a long sleeve shirt!, of course had to stop at my #4 favorite Chinese buffet after the apt. in Portland.
IMG_20221102_122138828_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a difference a couple days can make, Friday I made a 120 mile jog through Corpus to pick up the FAVs repaired fuel tank and the custom consol my metals guys made for the FAV, out to Aransas Pass to pick up some marine stuff and back home, mid 70s blue sky no doors and short sleeve shirt.
IMG_20221216_102046738.jpg
Monday, raining 48 deg, doors and heater, heavy long sleeve shirt to make a little run up to Beeville for parts.
IMG_20221219_121202295.jpg

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Woke up at 4:30 to go to work with about 4" of snow on the ground and nothing plowed. Took the Grand Cherokee which is very good in snow due to electronic locking diffs and traction control, plus four new Mickey Thomson BajaBoss AT tires. We got off early because the snow kept falling - that's pretty unusual and nobody knows how to act. Saw several cars against the guardrail or in the ditch, all vehicles that should have stayed in the driveway.

After I got home I took the M1165 out to see how it does in the snow. This thing is hard to stop! Most of the hills were slick and all four wheels spun getting up them. The M1009 is a little better in my opinion, but I think a lot of that is the tires.

HV1.jpgHV2.jpg

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another gorgeous short sleeve day in S TX.
Got to play with a new toy that a friend gave me, it really does not give the information I was looking for but the 0-100KMH function is pretty cool.
This is with the stock 365HP tune, I have not been able to get the 475HP tune to play well long term and it really is not necessary to experience the fun factor of the DuraVee.
IMG_20230110_123544990_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230110_130211833_HDR.jpg
All this really gives me is the information I already have, VSS, RPM, etc. but for free what the heck, now I can do some research and get one that will give me what I want, boost, and some others
Unfortunately on the LMM it looks like the BCM (body control module) figured things like fuel mileage as when they built the LMM they ran out of memory in the ECM and passed some things off to the BCM which I do not have in this stand alone package, I may see if I can hook it up and make it play with the ECM,TCM and TCCM

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
short sleeves are over rated. Send us some pics when you’re back in your speedo. 😱🤢🤮

High fifties last week. 40’s now. I love global warming. Looking for my beachfront house in NYC to become the new Miami.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got to play with a new toy that a friend gave me, it really does not give the information I was looking for but the 0-100KMH function is pretty cool.
This is with the stock 365HP tune, I have not been able to get the 475HP tune to play well long term and it really is not necessary to experience the fun factor of the DuraVee.
View attachment 888328
View attachment 888329
All this really gives me is the information I already have, VSS, RPM, etc. but for free what the heck, now I can do some research and get one that will give me what I want, boost, and some others
Unfortunately on the LMM it looks like the BCM (body control module) figured things like fuel mileage as when they built the LMM they ran out of memory in the ECM and passed some things off to the BCM which I do not have in this stand alone package, I may see if I can hook it up and make it play with the ECM,TCM and TCCM
Any chance you could use a few more acronyms in that so that those of us not good at guessing will be completely clueless, rather than just mostly clueless as to what you're talking about?
:p

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Google is your friend..
VSS, vehicle speed sensor
RPM, the revolutions per minuet the engine is turning.
ECM, engine control module
TCM, transmission control module
TCCM, transfer case control module
BCM, body control module.
LMM, the Duramax engine built from 2006.5-2010
The original 2008 LMM had 5 computers, the ones listed above and a brake control module, can't remember the acronym for that one.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your HMMWV is amazing, but I'm a simple man.

Since I rebuilt my PCB and started teaching others how to do it, I have no IC's and no CM's in my FMV. Makes me happy.

YMMV

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yet another beautiful day in S TX.
Had to run up to Beeville and pick up some 24 bolt paired rims at Fastenal.
7 rims for under $400 shipped, not a bad deal around here, Thanks Austin!!
IMG_20230116_115844746_HDR.jpg
Not sure what to make of that hair, the mullet of the 21st century I suppose, all party in the back and old in the front...
Of course we did have to make several other stops.
IMG_20230116_120456861_HDR.jpg

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yet another beautiful day in S TX.
Had to run up to Beeville and pick up some 24 bolt paired rims at Fastenal.
7 rims for under $400 shipped, not a bad deal around here, Thanks Austin!!
View attachment 888812
Not sure what to make of that hair, the mullet of the 21st century I suppose, all party in the back and old in the front...
Of course we did have to make several other stops.
View attachment 888813
Hey Mog…

New China is looking to invade Taiwan/Old China.

Just saying…

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One day I should have stayed home.......
Went unto Corpus to pick up some sheared steel for the FAV project, 38F raining
Had lunch at a really nice BBQ place, went home, put on some light gloves and unloaded the steel, managed to let one of the 1/8" pieces slip.....
dang thing was SO sharp it cut through my glove and the top of my hand severing two ligaments, the index and the second finger.
So 5 weeks with my left hand in a splint...
Gotta say I am pretty happy with our health care down here, injured at 1:30, went to Beeville ER, transferred to Corpus, the "best hand guy in Corpus" lined up an operating room, went under general and was back home by midnight.
IMG_20230202_123411772_HDR.jpg
It's always something.......

So 5 weeks with nothing to do but give out advice, aren't y'all lucky :ROFLMAO:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks