• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OUT AND ABOUT WITH MY HMMWV

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One day I should have stayed home.......
Went unto Corpus to pick up some sheared steel for the FAV project, 38F raining
Had lunch at a really nice BBQ place, went home, put on some light gloves and unloaded the steel, managed to let one of the 1/8" pieces slip.....
dang thing was SO sharp it cut through my glove and the top of my hand severing two (edit it was actually four) ligaments, the index and the second finger.
So 5 weeks with my left hand in a splint...
Gotta say I am pretty happy with our health care down here, injured at 1:30, went to Beeville ER, transferred to Corpus, the "best hand guy in Corpus" lined up an operating room, went under general and was back home by midnight.
View attachment 890194
It's always something.......

So 5 weeks with nothing to do but give out advice, aren't y'all lucky :ROFLMAO:
I got the splint off today. surgeon says a few weeks of therapy and I should have 80% or better recovered use of my left hand!!
I did take the DuraVee into Corpus to the hospital but did not get any pictures...
BEAUTIFUL day in S TX!!!!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I got the splint off today. surgeon says a few weeks of therapy and I should have 80% or better recovered use of my left hand!!
I did take the DuraVee into Corpus to the hospital but did not get any pictures...
Good Deal!!
Glad to hear you are making a good recovery

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well Spring Break at Port Aransas was a little light today, by mid day things started to pick up, Nice sunny day with a high in the mid 80s on the beach.
A sun rise that could best be described as pastel.
IMG_20230312_074919495_HDR.jpg
Prime Spring Break real-estate.
IMG_20230312_074718874.jpg
A little closer to town, I was getting some close aerial support!
IMG_20230312_085925667.jpg

m715mike

That’s great to hear. Sounds like you’ll be good to go for the rally in College Station later this month!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks