• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Over before I got started..

What gets me, is they will go after the deuce, but I bet there are TONS of people who drive there commercial company truck/van or even moving truck/van home everyday after work and park it in there drive way over night and on the weekends. Will they get ticketed? NO, but they ticket the big bad Deuce. And as been proven in OTHER threads, they will ticket it EVEN WHEN THE CITY'S OWN STATUTES allow it to be parked in a residential neighborhood.

jwright

The key word is commercial. My city has the same code. they tried to say something but when I told them that it was a privately own truck and not used for any commercial work. And they just said OK.

chachi44089

commercial is the key word
commercial tractor, truck..............

check with a lawyer 1st but that comma between tractor & truck connects truck with commercial.

A guys toy is not a commercial vehicle.

you should be good to go unless somewhere else it restricts the amount of axles.
They told me the comma separates each vehicle type..and this one applied to me..truck of more than one ton manufacturers rated capacity

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Buy 12 Five Gallon buckets and 12 tomato plants. Get some dirt to put in the buckets. There you go, instant farm.

roflrofl

Gary
That's what I was thinking. Plant a garden.

Have you looked at a M109? I'm saying it could be considered an RV.

other than when such vehicle is loading or unloading cargo or is used in a farming or truck farming operation on the premises.
(Ord. 70-11. Passed 3-16-70.)

Definition of farming

• the practice of cultivating the land or raising stock

Plant a small garden in your back yard and use the deuce to haul soil or fertilizer. Then the truck is being used for farming operations.

Jinx

Definition of farming

• the practice of cultivating the land or raising stock

Plant a small garden in your back yard and use the deuce to haul soil or fertilizer. Then the truck is being used for farming operations.
Why not plant the garden in the back of the deuce? Then the truck is just an over sized plant pot. :-D

velociT

My HOA is all pissy about mine.... Unfortunately for them they vaguely define "pickup".

I think most of them have WAY too much time on their hands.

I'm somewhat disgusted at their blatant lack of respect for the old iron.

They're trying to put me through ****, but I'd still buy my truck if I had it to do over again.

unimoger

Check to see if you can register it on historic plates, it may make it exempt. The county said I could not park my UNIMOG's on the driveway, but there was nothing in the laws saying I could not park my trucks on the street as long as they were registered and insured. So the Dumb a$$ neighbor that complianed now has them parked on the street in full view of their house as a remineder to keep to themselves!:!:

Unimoger might be on to something. The law states:

"440.12 PARKING PROHIBITED IN CERTAIN ZONING DISTRICTS; EXCEPTIONS.
(a) No school bus, commercial tractor, truck of more than one ton manufacturers rated capacity, bus, commercial trailer, commercial semitrailer, pole trailer or moving van may be parked or stored on any premises in the City in an area that is classified R-2 Rural Residence District, R-3 Suburban Residence District, R-4 Urban Residence District, R-4a Two-Family Urban Residence District, R-5 Apartment Residence District, RS Special Residence (R-S-1) District, RL-1 Existing Lagoon District or R-6 Special Family Residence District by the Zoning Ordinance of the City, other than when such vehicle is loading or unloading cargo or is used in a farming or truck farming operation on the premises."

Premises: land and buildings together considered as a property.

Street: a thoroughfare especially in a city, town, or village that is wider than an alley or lane and that usually includes sidewalks

So one could reasonably say the street is not part of yours or anyone elses PREMISES.

Your next step would be to find any laws against parking on the street. IE: how long in one spot with out being moved, weight, width and length limits.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Buy M109 + register as RV = Solution

Make a camper out of it, since they haven't prohibited RV's.

Crazyguypa

Unimoger might be on to something. The law states:

"440.12 PARKING PROHIBITED IN CERTAIN ZONING DISTRICTS; EXCEPTIONS.
(a) No school bus, commercial tractor, truck of more than one ton manufacturers rated capacity, bus, commercial trailer, commercial semitrailer, pole trailer or moving van may be parked or stored on any premises in the City in an area that is classified R-2 Rural Residence District, R-3 Suburban Residence District, R-4 Urban Residence District, R-4a Two-Family Urban Residence District, R-5 Apartment Residence District, RS Special Residence (R-S-1) District, RL-1 Existing Lagoon District or R-6 Special Family Residence District by the Zoning Ordinance of the City, other than when such vehicle is loading or unloading cargo or is used in a farming or truck farming operation on the premises."
I am not a lawyer. However, I may be wrong in my interpretation now, but based on their statue of "any truck more than one ton manufactures rated capacity" would exclude most of todays modern pickup truck from the F150 size and up.

2010 Ford Super Duty Payload capacity | The Official Site of the 2010 Ford Super Duty | FordVehicles.com

Like I said, maybe I am wrong in my interpretation, but it would not hurt to ask a lawyer if this interpretation is true. If the interpretation is correct than anyone with a 1/2 ton pickup outside of their garage would be in violation. Doesn't make the point right either way for your duece argument, but nothing like sicking a bunch of pissed off home owners on the township officials.

I totally agree and already brought this up in a previous post. Plus think of all the people who take there work truck or van home with them. They are breaking the law as well.

I am not a lawyer. However, I may be wrong in my interpretation now, but based on their statue of "any truck more than one ton manufactures rated capacity" would exclude most of todays modern pickup truck from the F150 size and up.

2010 Ford Super Duty Payload capacity | The Official Site of the 2010 Ford Super Duty | FordVehicles.com

Like I said, maybe I am wrong in my interpretation, but it would not hurt to ask a lawyer if this interpretation is true. If the interpretation is correct than anyone with a 1/2 ton pickup outside of their garage would be in violation. Doesn't make the point right either way for your duece argument, but nothing like sicking a bunch of pissed off home owners on the township officials.

chachi44089

There is a guy on my street that drives his work "box van" home.I talked to him and he said the city already tried to get him but the truck is rated 1 ton..he can have that because it is not OVER 1 ton.
Crazygguypa,an f-150 is only a half ton truck,f-250 is 3/4 ton..very few pickups and vans are OVER 1 ton.
And there is no parking on are streets..I m going to look into a storage facility just out of town..Its a fences in lot for storing big boats and big trucks.
I am about ready to put this house on the market is the market werent so bad.I thaught that this place was MY slice of the American pie...Guess not.
I will not give up guys and gals...I WILL HAVE MY DEUCE AND DRIVE IT TOO!!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first response would be to move but I understand that is sometimes easier said than done.

My neighbor has his house up for sale right now. Fill the whole place up all the way to the front door with MVs if you like. See if I care. ;-)

unimoger

My other UNIMOG is a Radiobox variant(comm.box) I addition to registering it Historic, it was reclassified as a Camper-Van(motorhome). This allowed the advantage of keeping a firearm within the box of the vehicle. You can also consume cocktails within the vehicle in area's where you are not allowed too. It is considered a "home" hence the desination MotorHome.[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks