• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Over before I got started..

Duece4Two

I recently started my search for that perfect Deuce.I have wanted one for years,but life always seemed to delay my dreams.But now I am in a better position to own my dream truck.I stumbled on this site and began researching and getting ready to puchase.Checked my local zoning laws just to find out I cannot keep a vehicle over 1 ton capacity at my home,comercial or not.I am so dissapointed.:(
My advise to prospective buyers is to check local laws before you plunk down hard earned cash for your dream truck.
I am sorry bout the zoning laws and your loss. and disappointment I just cannot understand most of these zoning laws. Maybe you could get a place to store the Duece other than on your property? :idea: Just a thought. Hope you fare well my friend. God Speed to you.

Lahti35

I'll never understand where these PC, chemlawn, alligator on the tit wearing shirt dinks get the right to crap on other people's rights.

My grandfather had 25 cars around his place as donors for restorations but he always kept them in the back, had a forest of pine trees around his property line and loved to mow his grass every week for 50 years. They were so happy when he finally died and it was all hauled away.

They were no so happy when the new people moved in and scattered toys and junk over the whole yard, stopped mowing the grass, and let the whole place go to ****.

Last edited:
I would be really unhappy living ANYWHERE they could dictate what vehicle I could have ON MY PROPERTY!!!

If they can decide that for you, what else? No thanx.

If you just have to live there, the M37 would be.my choice. Power Wagons rock! Wouldn't mind one being in my driveway.

Last edited:

mktopside

Banned
My HOA is all pissy about mine.... Unfortunately for them they vaguely define "pickup".

I think most of them have WAY too much time on their hands.

I'm somewhat disgusted at their blatant lack of respect for the old iron.

They're trying to put me through ****, but I'd still buy my truck if I had it to do over again.
I'm fighting with my HOA as well. Bobbing the truck will bring it into compliance, and there's nothing more they can say. But I'm making the process as painful as possible and wasting as much of their time as I can.

Real life trolling is the way to go with these people.

original

It's easy to forget the rest of the world when living in WV. It's such a shame to see a mans freedom restricted on a cosmetic basis. I'll be on crutches or a wheel chair the rest of my life. I wanted every American to have the freedom to enjoy their life. I would love to see these HOA members fight to defend their freedom. Fight this ordinance and get your toy.

AN/ARC186

Go to the local hardware store and buy a plastic slide and a couple of swing seats. Set them up on the truck and park it on the lawn.
POOF! you now have the worlds coolest jungle gym! :shock:

Actually, I'm with the majority on this one, I'd get the heck out of anyplace that tells you what you can and can not park in your own driveway.

JUNKYARDJOHN

I really like living out in b.f.e. in the mountains. Just me & my hounds, & they don't care what I haul home & they're always happy to see me. :grin: John

FMFDOC

I wonder if the 'historic' tags work the same way in Maryland?

Also... Does a bobbed deuce qualify as a pickup? If it does... I'm getting one! :jumpin:

I'm concerned about my HOA too. Those fargin' bastages!

Metternacht

Anybody Consider trying to get on the HOA Board and changing the rules? No body wants a deuce or large truck in the neighborhood until there is 3 feet of snow or its raining over an inch an hour and that is the only think that will move safely. I hate the idea of HOA's but if you can change the rules or get waivers in place it can make a difference. That's what my Uncle did. Not easy but could improve the situation for everyone down the line. You could also try and get the ordinance changed. Its a lot of work but if you want your freedoms you have to fight for them. Sometimes it requires a gun other its just time and determination to prevail in the face if idiocy. Just a thought.

-M

ryker725

Compared to the crapola I see in some of my neighbor's yards, my deuce parked in my yard actually increases their property value... 8)

mktopside

Banned
Anybody Consider trying to get on the HOA Board and changing the rules? No body wants a deuce or large truck in the neighborhood until there is 3 feet of snow or its raining over an inch an hour and that is the only think that will move safely. I hate the idea of HOA's but if you can change the rules or get waivers in place it can make a difference. That's what my Uncle did. Not easy but could improve the situation for everyone down the line. You could also try and get the ordinance changed. Its a lot of work but if you want your freedoms you have to fight for them. Sometimes it requires a gun other its just time and determination to prevail in the face if idiocy. Just a thought.

-M
No, my HOA has close to 500 homes in it. Unless I can pay the local missionaries to spread "my word" for a few days.... Until then it stays in the garage.

If you dont want to use a gun to change people's mind, you need money. Determination has nothing to do with it, being able to financially bleed your opponent dry through legal bills while prolonging the court case is the new American way. We did it to the soviets.

Some day I'll have the money to go around suing organizations I hate into squallor.

A

A/C Cages

I park mine out front, everyone and even the cops stop by and gawk at it.
No one complains here. I live in a gated community but there is no idiot HOA rules. Its 13 houses which we all got together and built our own gate on a private road. I have my Deuces sometimes parked in front of my 3.8 million $ house and no one complains. So why should anyone complain at all anywhere else?
I hate HOAs

tnttnt187

2cents Well, it don't matter how big your house is or how much it's worth. Laws that's what it's about. And, I really hate people suing people just for the sake of suing , people who do that should have to pay the other person's law fees when they lose. Our founding fathers worked hard to develop our constitution, which we ALL live under. We all know the system is not perfect, But, till my dying day I will say USA is #1 . Cry'n and #@$* don't get nothing done, use that energy for change. Should you try to work the system and fail at least your free to pick-up and move somewhere the laws may not be as tough to swallow.

jeep-Jeep

My HOA is all pissy about mine.... Unfortunately for them they vaguely define "pickup".

I think most of them have WAY too much time on their hands.

I'm somewhat disgusted at their blatant lack of respect for the old iron.

They're trying to put me through ****, but I'd still buy my truck if I had it to do over again.
and had to store it at my shop for almost a year

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks