• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Overland Park Ks bans Mv's at home

KsM715

I have a friend with a 24 hour glass repair bussiness, He came to my house to talk to me. Was at my house for about an hour.
3 days later I have the Code Enforcement Cops at my door demanding to see my permit for replacing my window. I never replaced any windows.
The jerk down the street who is nosey as can be turned me into them.
I thought about it a minute and then asked who turned me in, they coundt tell me. So I asked again after showing my badge to him. WOW he changed his mind quick and told me who turned me in and also others he ratted on. I had that guy arrested, and filed an illegal conduct report on him. He wont be bother me or anyone else again. 99% of the people he turned in month after month were all innocent.
People need to mind their own bussines and the world would be much better off. Espically those PC people
What did he do that was illegal?

I'm not here to back him up but I'd be pretty pissed if some cops showed up to arrest me for making a complaint. (thats why some people think cops have an authority problem)

Why not just go down and talk to him man to man rather than sick your buddies on him.

Iyaayas184

ex post facto

When was this Ord. written? How long has he owned the deuce? If he owned it and has had it parked at his residence before this was written I would find a lawyer.
Ah yes, I believe it is in the consitution (not that many politicians have ever read it or even know what it is) that the government shall not create any "ex post facto" laws making something illegal after the act has taken place and or making and established presence illegal

I also suppose that makes all those H1 Hummers illegal as well as they were originally designed and produced for the military. But I wonder if that could be applied to anything originally designed and produced for the civilian world and adapted for use by the military, I guess that then makes all mid 80's chevy one ton trucks outlaws as well even a few late 70's Dodge 3/4 tons.
That law could get real stupid real quick, but is typical of johnson County politics.

KsM715

Ex post facto!! Thank you. I knew what it was but just could not for the life of me remember what the statement was I was trying to get across.

onegmjack

He should be made to stand in his yard,with a duns hat.That says I lied for a whole day.Would think before making false reports.Jail is to easy.:p

A

A/C Cages

Well he made in 8 months time for that year alone, 148 false claims. Thats 148 people lives he has screwed with just because he is a miserable old fart who cant stand people. We tried to talk to him on several occasions about the issuses and nothing changed.
The guy before moving here lived in a small town in Ohio. We did a little researching and found out that he did the same thing up there. False reports over and over making peoples lives ****.

I found out that he also turned in a guy for having illegal electrical work done on his house. What was funny is that the guy is an electricain by trade. It was his work truck at his own house. Yet he kept turning him in for having illegal electrical work done.

Having him arrested, scared straight, was the only thing that stopped this guy in his tracks.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Sorta like, when I lived in Ca., many tears (years) ago, the lady down the street, sicked the country code enforcer on me by claiming that I was running a trucking business out of my house, because I had TWO big trucks there, OH by the way, the trucks were a 42 Autocar 5t tractor and a 39 Autocar 10t 18' flat bed

A

A/C Cages

Those are nice. I miss the older versions of the Autocars. Back when things were not all plastic like todays everything.

As for that guy, we tried to be nice but he didnt listen.

I cant believe that I cant have a friend over without being accused of having work done.

As for towns that try to push their weight around like Oaklannd is doing. Most people in here have it right. Make a stand, Make it public, But keep your kool !!!
News stations work great for making things public quick. Espically election years.

KsM715

Well he made in 8 months time for that year alone, 148 false claims. Thats 148 people lives he has screwed with just because he is a miserable old fart who cant stand people. We tried to talk to him on several occasions about the issuses and nothing changed.
The guy before moving here lived in a small town in Ohio. We did a little researching and found out that he did the same thing up there. False reports over and over making peoples lives ****.

I found out that he also turned in a guy for having illegal electrical work done on his house. What was funny is that the guy is an electricain by trade. It was his work truck at his own house. Yet he kept turning him in for having illegal electrical work done.

Having him arrested, scared straight, was the only thing that stopped this guy in his tracks.

If thats the case then yeah he got what he deserved but I would think that after 148 "false" claims someone at the code dept or the city council would have put a stop to it.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PITA NEIGHBORS ARE EVERYWHERE!!! My X boss had a neighbor
next door to his farm that was constantly giving him grief about his collection o M-715 series trucks that he had lined up in his field. Kept telling him he wasn't allowed to have trucks parked there
as his property was zoned Agricultural. My boss got tired of his constant yelling across his
border fence about it. He gave it some thought and he and I were working on the fence one day and the PITA neighbor came over and started in on him, my guy grinned at me and then he said calmly to this guy...... "Those trucks will be used in my new farm operation." The neighbor looked at him with a puzzled look and ask....What kind of farm operation are you starting? My guy responds
with a perfect Poker face.........."HOGS!!!" The guy liked to fell over!!!rofl
Never said anything else about those Historic Military vehicles!

popacom / BILL in Ky.:driver:

URBNFLX

I've had problems with neighbors like that... even here in kali how everything is so bad, you almost cant even park your car on the street here without getting a ticket. any car they dont like or your neighbors complain about they will mark as an abandoned car no matter how it looks(and on top of that you cannot park a trailer or anything other than a regular pickup or car in front... no rv's etc). my neighbor tried every thing you could think of to get me in trouble, said i was running a auto repair business, trucking company etc... then they tried to sell their house and told me I had to mow my lawn when it was only about an inch taller than theirs... every time they had a open house, i brought out every piece of scrap and stuff i could think of from the back yard(no mv stuff) 55 gal drums trailers etc... left them all out front and played a local radio station loud in the garage while all the people came to look at the house and this went on for about 6 months when the housing market was popping in my area. Hopefully a lesson learned by them since they had to take 80k less for their house than they were asking for it to just to get out.

Tanner

These ordinances are sooooo dictative. Next they'll tell you what color underwear you're allowed to have and how many pairs. They'll tell you if you're dark headed you have to have a blonde wife that can't be over 5'6" tall, unless she has blue eyes then she can be 5'9". You will only be allowed 2 children in the household provided one is male and the other female.

Sound funny, stupid, am I going overboard? What's the difference? It's all an infringement on an individual's freedom to choose.:x
I've checked the official document called the 'U.S. Constitution': It covers the fact that you have the following three freedoms that are explicitly protected: speech, petition, and assembly.

Freedom of Choice is not on the list.

T

panshark

Don't know what kind of police cars Overland Park uses, but if I were to fight an infraction like that, here's how my defense would go:

Stage 1:
Me: Sorry about the misunderstanding, but my 1965 Jeep was made for the fire department, according to what's been told to me.
Prosecutor: It's obviously a military vehicle, we don't care where you got it from, but the fact that this sort of vehicle was designed for the military classifies your jeep as a military vehicle, and thus a commercial vehicle as well.

Stage 2:
me:I've researched which vehicles were designed for military use, and sold to military units around the world; they include impala's, crown victoria's, etc...here is an online surplus auction for such vehicles, being sold from x unit at y military base. Therefore, these vehicles are also illegal to park in residential zones, which encompasses all police and EMS vehicles currently in operation by the city. I've printed off some pictures of import cars that are being used by military units in ____ po-dunk third world country, as well as a list of military vehicles that are exactly the same in design and manufacture as every car on my street. Therefore, I contest the notion that the vehicle is "illegal upon manufacture". I contend that the burden of proof that my vehicle was, in fact, acquired from the military rests wholly on the state. Is that proof present today? Then I move immediately for dismissal, due to the absence of any supporting evidence.

After that, I would be burning up the code officer's phone, expressing concern that it may be possible that every parked car may be a former military vehicle, purchased from GL. Don't call in a false report, just voice your concern, and request an investigation. I would have fun with that all day long.

Flyingvan911

We just have to keep working on educating people. Public support helps our cause. Thanks for posting that article. In Kansas City you can't park a big truck on a residential street for more than two hours. I keep mine at an RV lot. A deuce is rather big but I can't see any problem with CUCV's as long as they are safe to drive.

URBNFLX

just crap... the city where I live just ticketed me two weeks ago for having my two m101's in my driveway stating that they had to be out of site...

JSF01

Here is an idea for those affected. Stencil a strong message on the side of your truck. Something dealing with the military or government would make the truck part of the message (For example “If you do not support are troops you are a traitor to this country”, or “The US military has protected your freedom for over 200 years, This city council has doing its best to destroy those hard earned freedoms”). You could than claim infringement on your freedom of speech when they try to fine you. Now granted it would probably have to go through the courts but, assuming that one person is willing to fight though it, I believe they would eventually win.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks