• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Fall 2013 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

yellow2000SR

Was at the junkyard in Hazelton and on the way home I swing by Rausch not knowing this was going on. Talked to a few people, mostly 2 guys at the bobbed deuce at the flag next to the wrecker.

jsonners

Sorry, the lone bobber had to head home after lunch. We had a great time! That was the first time the bobber saw offroad conditions. NOT the last.

Thanks to the whole group for a great weekend

sirpecka

I made it back about 20 minutes ago. Glad the old girl made it. Id like to thank everyone that came that made my my first steel soldiers experience great. Will definitely be coming in the spring. Hopefully with a few upgrades to the M35A2 by then. I can bring more haybales if abybody wants them next time too :-o

jsonners

PS: I made it home without any issues. When I pulled into the driveway my truck spewed a4 qts of oil out of the bell housing.
I have read a ton of threads on bypass the FDC, diesel in the oil etc. I am assuming this is the case. 3 questions from the rausch crew:

1. Do you guys have yours bypassed?
2. Do I need to do an oil change or can I just put a gallon back in the engine?
3. Should I expect this to happen on long trips if I do not bypass?

Thanks again for everything!

shenkmen

PS: I made it home without any issues. When I pulled into the driveway my truck spewed a4 qts of oil out of the bell housing.
I have read a ton of threads on bypass the FDC, diesel in the oil etc. I am assuming this is the case. 3 questions from the rausch crew:

1. Do you guys have yours bypassed?
2. Do I need to do an oil change or can I just put a gallon back in the engine?
3. Should I expect this to happen on long trips if I do not bypass?

Thanks again for everything!
1 Yes.
2 change your oil
3 expect it to get worse.

MadCat2

I had a great time, despite a breaker bar to the tip of my nose- slighly broken, 13 stitches and a trip to the ER and 1 flat tire, then another flat on the way home, I was a hr out and just kept driving, I LOVE DUAL wheels! the kids loved it and slept outdoors despite the cold- their quote of the weekend "My pillow has ice on it!" Great time and I wanted to thank everyone who helped anyone else out the entire weekend, its nice to know your part of a great group when I can walk away and bleed for a while and come back and find my tire changed for me! thank you all! We will be back every time!!!!! and be sure to check us out set up at the OAKS Gun and Military show outside of Philadelphia in March!

Todd and Chad/ Tews Armory

Timberwolf22

We arrived back home and in classic "Tew" form I conducted an After Action Report [AAR] with the troops commonly referred to as my kids......

The highlights of the trip for them were:
Watching dad get the M35a3 sideways
Eating MRE's
Sleeping outside

Can we tell they are still kids......

But the great thing that my kids told me was that I have "some cool friends"... they pointed out how everyone helped change Chad's tire and made sure Chad was OK after he was hurt. So congrats everyone.... it's not every day that you get called cool by today's kids...... they want to know when the next MV rally is.

Sorry my M35a3 was MIA for the final pick .... cut out to see how the damage was to the wrecker and Chad.

Now I get to figure out why the M35a3 stalled twice on the way home and the my oil gauge dropped over half way on the trip home...... good times.

Thanks for everything this weekend.... and a special Thank you for the Insulin Pump grab at BK on the way out. Did not want to have to backtrack to grab that one!

Hainebd

Man wish I could have gone. Been three years or more. We camped last weekend and it was a kids weekend so no driving. Deuce needs some winter TLC before next long run.

olbucksnort

I thought I was the only one that liked Duct Tape for most everything.
The Young Ones "the Troops" seem to use it up quick when there a wind storm. Shows quick thinking.
Glad they had a great time.
Sincerely, Pete L.
aka. olbucksnort

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks