• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Fall 2013 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

jwentz57

We also had a great time. The wife enjoyed it a lot. She was not big on the MV thing but after this weekend is starting to like it.she got to meet the good people that is in it.and she is looking forward to the spring rally and so am I . So to all thanks for the great time

PaFarmer

I had a great time along with my son and father. The 931 worked good. There were a lot of good comments from jeepers we would come across, all gave us the thumbs up or a waive, though they were quick to pull over. The best was when I told one guy there were 20 more trucks behind me, he said, "No problem I'll just push them out of the way."

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a great time again, always a blast at Rausch Creek. The weather was good, we were able to have a campfire this time, and noone's truck got seriously damaged. One gent had to go to the hospital for an injury sustained while wrenching in the parking lot, but after a short hospital visit he returned and he'll be fine in a little bit. A really good turnout of vehicles this time - at lunch on Saturday there were 16 military truck with us, and about 4 smaller civvy vehicles. That did not count a few MVs that were left back in camp for the day.

Well, as far as big trucks go, we have had the following offroad at RC before: stock deuce, M109 shop van, M35 with S-280 shelter, M36 with shipping container, M819 wrecker crane, M816 wrecker, bobbed deuce, 5-ton cargo.

We still need the following to join us offroading there: tanker truck, pipeline deuce, dump truck, gun truck, shop equipment truck (gullwing), anything else? :)

daddy2

The family had a 3G weekend.
Great time, Great people, Great weather. We hope to get out there in the spring. Now we are waiting for the YouTube uplinks.

Timberwolf22

To add to the list of needed trail vehicles it would be entertaining to contact Rausch Creek and ask them "What their policy was for tracked vehicles".......... I think that would be a conversation worth having.

I would have to put that in my "after winning the lottery" pile of to-do's for sure.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To add to the list of needed trail vehicles it would be entertaining to contact Rausch Creek and ask them "What their policy was for tracked vehicles".......... I think that would be a conversation worth having.

I would have to put that in my "after winning the lottery" pile of to-do's for sure.
A tracked vehicle on rocky ground will throw a track in short order. Rausch Creek and tracked vehicles, even if RC staff say okay, isn't a good combination. If this were Haspin or GA rally, where there aren't many rocks, I'd say otherwise. But I really don't think someone with a $100K tracked vehicle is going to be alright with replacing a thrown track down around Lake Christy.

Now, if they want to show it off in the parking lot, that might be pretty cool!

shenkmen

Last edited:

daddy2

How about boxman 10,000. That's the BTU's the heater was putting out when it was 25 deg. out side and 75 deg. inside. Ha Ha.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks