• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Fall 2013 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

daddy2

I was just trying to figure out how many pounds of empty beer cans I need to pay for this trip. The web site didn't mention cost of camping. Lucky for me, two of the four, are under 16. The way I figure it it is going to be about $150 for the three days For me and the wife. The kids age 8 and 6 are free. Does this sound right?

Last edited:

twinturb089

I will be attending with my gf and daughter.We plan on arriving saturday morning and camping til sunday.I am just trying to figure out which one my 4 m923a2's i want to bring???????Every one has a different personality and sweet spot while driving.I have about a 2hr drive to get there. I will also bring firewood,a grill, propane, cooler with beers and food. I cant wait.

PaFarmer

Let's set a departure time for hitting the trail Saturday AM. That will help those coming in Saturday to get there and ready to hit the trails and help Shenkman get his ass in gear in the morning, seeing how he needs to make and break camp like an f---ing MASH unit to change locations. (Just messing with you buddy, part of my annoying conversation).

Probably bringing my 931A1, maybe towing my 404 mog. Working on a receiver hitch for the 931 this weekend.

shenkmen

Let's set a departure time for hitting the trail Saturday AM. That will help those coming in Saturday to get there and ready to hit the trails and help Shenkman get his ass in gear in the morning, seeing how he needs to make and break camp like an f---ing MASH unit to change locations. (Just messing with you buddy, part of my annoying conversation).

Probably bringing my 931A1, maybe towing my 404 mog. Working on a receiver hitch for the 931 this weekend.
MASH unit! Nice. Your nickname is now Klinger.

Let's assemble at 9:30.

Timberwolf22

Good idea.... pick a CB channel for usage at the event.

There are a few of us that are HAM's as well.
Callsign is K1TEW and MadCat2 is K2TEW don't have much gear mounted in the truck yet.

Maddawg's signature shows him as W1AMR looks like there are a few of us running around with Vanity CallSigns.

Last edited:

daddy2

I just put a new wheel cylinder on this weekend. All the tools needed are fresh in my head and I made a list. I' have the list of tools there with me plus plenty extra.

How are the meals going. Every man for himself, or are we doing group meals? I can bring a case or two of hamburger patties frozen. No matter how much fun we have off roading, a hungry belly can ruin it all. I don't eat Marine Corp chow any more either. Mre's always plugged me up.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the past it was pretty much every man for himself cooking. Some groups were formed. Whatever you want to do, is good. I plan on bringing my own...

shenkmen

Yep, everybody usually brings their own grub. Sometimes a bunch of burger will be cooked and handed out. Feel free to do as you wish. Everybody loves a hot burger.

jsonners

I will be there saturday late morning and leaving sunday.... I will have one passenger with me and we will be in a bobbed deuce. I can bring fire wood if more is needed.... Just let me know... I can also bring things you guys run out of (food/drink/ice). Be in touch.

Jason

shenkmen

I will be there saturday late morning and leaving sunday.... I will have one passenger with me and we will be in a bobbed deuce. I can bring fire wood if more is needed.... Just let me know... I can also bring things you guys run out of (food/drink/ice). Be in touch.

Jason
Hi Jason,

Are you arriving after we hit the trails at 9:30? We'll be out for the day and vehicles must head out in at least groups of two.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everyone,

We'll assemble at 9:30 Saturday morning. Pack a lunch as we'll be out for the day.
shenk,

Because of the race last April, we were only able to do the East side of the road, which costs extra for those driving. Might want to do the west side this time, it has lots more acreage anyways to explore. There are also some green trails that we don't often hit on the West side, some who like a challenge might like doing those again. They are green, and we got the large trucks down them before, there is just a lot of twists and turns and rocks to make it interesting.

Also, one idea I had since April was: we always go out in a gigantic group, big trucks and small trucks together, and it's great but tends to block an entire trail for everyone else out there not in our group. Some other wheelers complained last time that "those military trucks" were taking up the whole trail and blocking it for everyone. Perhaps we should think about, instead of 1 HUGE group, break apart into smaller groups. We don't need to do it all the time, but it's just an idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks