• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Fall 2014 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

shenkmen

Agreed, I am of the camp that we should do 2 runs a day, not 1 large run, and the first run should be 830-1 or so, then back for lunch, then out again 2-6. But we always seem to get a late start, it's hard to get people moving out of camp any earlier due to families, cooking breakfast, etc. So the last several years, the trend has been to start a little later, then do one huge loop, back in time to do the group photo and start dinner before it gets dark.
Kickoff is 9:30 AM. If everybody is up and ready to go earlier we'll go earlier.

Out of the eight times I've done this we came back for lunch once. It wasted too much time going back and forth and also took too long to get everybody going again.

Lunch will be on the trails at our usual lunch spot. Pack a lunch.

We'll leave at 9:30 AM and return at the end of the day to rock pile for a family photo.

This game plan has worked well and everybody has enjoyed it.

Get your vehicles ready and pack your gear!

camogriz

I'm dealing with a slight hiccup. Took the CUCV for a ride today and found the drivers side caliper hanging up. Smoke from the wheel and the hub was too hot to touch. Put in another parts store caliper and it was leaking from the hose and caliper joint. Went to the parts store for 2 more copper washers- still leaking. Ordered another caliper which is supposed to be there by 9am. I am working tomorrow so it leaves my schedule tight. Hopefully the next caliper will do the trick. If I can't get it together I may not make it. Hoping for the best.

shenkmen

I'm dealing with a slight hiccup. Took the CUCV for a ride today and found the drivers side caliper hanging up. Smoke from the wheel and the hub was too hot to touch. Put in another parts store caliper and it was leaking from the hose and caliper joint. Went to the parts store for 2 more copper washers- still leaking. Ordered another caliper which is supposed to be there by 9am. I am working tomorrow so it leaves my schedule tight. Hopefully the next caliper will do the trick. If I can't get it together I may not make it. Hoping for the best.
Good luck. I hope you make it pal.

shenkmen

Is the hose end buggered?

shenkmen

olbucksnort, sorry to hear that. Time to start tracing wires.

camogriz, how are the brakes?

tim410, you in?

SgtDave12, have you figured out your camping plans yet? Asking so we can reserve the right amount of spaces.

shenkmen

Early arrivals / saving space
Can whomever arrives first to reserve space for the group? Attached to this post is pic of Rausch Creek with a red arrow pointing to where we park and camp.

Last year there were traffic cones in a container or shed near the Rausch Creek office. Ask at the office for the cones to reserve spaces for us.

Thanks

Get ready folks.

RC camp site parking.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks