• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2013 Rausch Creek Sign Up Thread

SteveKuhn

"...she doesn't understand her dad's hobbies..."

Aw, I don't know. She seemed to be enjoying herself at Jim Thorpe. This'll be more like Six Flags on the Rocks than The Mini Mil Mall.

Steve

shenkmen

Attendees
Attendee list updated and added to first post - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...ch-Creek-Sign-Up-Thread&p=1314533#post1314533

Reserving our campsite

Maddawg / Wildchild it looks like you guys will be there first. Save us spots! If somebody else plans on arriving earlier please save us spots. I added the satellite photo of our campsite to the first post and this post.

Burn Ban
Rausch Creek called to inform me that there is a county wide burn ban in effect. Here are the details

Under the ban, residents are forbidden from any outdoor burning of items such as garbage, leaves, grass, twigs, litter and paper. Grilling in proper containers is still permitted, however, the ban forbids lighting fires in outdoor burn barrels or fire rings.

I confirmed with Rausch Creek that charcoal is OK. I have a raised metal grill / hearth thingy that I intend to burn lump charcoal in as per the instructions.

Propane grills are also ok. We've brought full size propane grills in the past.

Parking
Rausch Creek said it is ok for us to double up our vehicles for parking as long as we don't congest driving throught the parking lot. I suggested a doubling up a large truck (deuce, 5 ton) and a smaller vehicle (jeep, CUCV) nose to tail and Rausch Creek agreed. Per this a deuce and a M105 trailer should be nose to tail as well. You get the idea.

That's all for now. The weather is looking good. Get those trucks ready!

RC camp site.jpg

shenkmen

Saturday trail ride.

We're going to hit the trails at 9:30. Please stop by the Rausch Creek office to pay your dues before then. Pack a lunch as we'll stop to eat on the trails while we're out for the day.

If your plan is to arrive later on Saturday please post up so we can coordinate.

Unexpected late arrivals should post a phone # to this thread from Friday on. I'll check SS intermittently during the day. I'll be wheeling so don't expect an immediate response. I will definitely check. If other members could check throughout the weekend that would be very helpful for the group.

shenkmen

No campfire? Holy shiznit this campout is going to suck... :(
It will not! Saddle up cowgirl! :smile:

Same thing happened last spring and we had fun. WE WILL HAVE FUN AGAIN WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. :smile:

Honestly, I thought the same thing last year and didn't find out about the burn ban until I arrived. We had a good time.

shenkmen

Attendee list updated on first page -http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?103298-PA-Spring-2013-Rausch-Creek-Sign-Up-Thread&p=1314533&viewfull=1#post1314533

Seven 2.5 or 5 Tons, seven CUCVs plus jeeps and whatever else shows up!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With as many trucks are going to be there, I think it might be good to have two convoys at least some of the time. That way, the big trucks can hit the wide trails, and the small trucks can do the small ones.

Shenk - contact the RC park, and let them know the National Guard will be taking over their place for this weekend. So they can warn other park goers that there will be some wait times for the trails that we go down...

shenkmen

With as many trucks are going to be there, I think it might be good to have two convoys at least some of the time. That way, the big trucks can hit the wide trails, and the small trucks can do the small ones.

Shenk - contact the RC park, and let them know the National Guard will be taking over their place for this weekend. So they can warn other park goers that there will be some wait times for the trails that we go down...
They've been warned!

PaFarmer

It does not matter to me, but we might as well stick together on Saturday, there are fewer trails on the northeast property, versus the areas we usually ride.

Got the cab cover mounted on the Unimog along with my 105 cargo cover, waiting to see the weather forecast before deciding to trailer up the mog or bringing the deuce and flat towing the wrangler.

http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/...D1294B-12134-00000AD3371FB5FD_zpsd25f34b3.jpg

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does not matter to me... im good at getting in some tight spaces :eek: I
im going to see about getting some bolts for my tow bar since i cant find pins. Ill have enough stuff to have a workable towbar for anything from a CUCV to a 5 ton. Like i said before, ill have recovery stuff. A double pulley snatch block and 2 single pulley ones. I mean this in the nicest way possible... but i kinda hope somebody gets stuck that does not mind if they get stuck... because i really want to use them! Maybe i can hook on a little jeep that isnt from our SS group! An item i can hve for sale is a rubber floor mat set thst came from an M35A3... if anybody is intrested i would sell it or trade it for 9.00-20 tires. It only has one rip where the floor mount rifle rack was. Other than that... good to go. My birthday is Thursday (the big two-nine) and i would love to come down thursday night but i think i have dinner at my parents. Maybe i can make it an early dinner and head down Thursday night.

shenkmen

It does not matter to me, but we might as well stick together on Saturday, there are fewer trails on the northeast property, versus the areas we usually ride.

Got the cab cover mounted on the Unimog along with my 105 cargo cover, waiting to see the weather forecast before deciding to trailer up the mog or bringing the deuce and flat towing the wrangler.

http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/...D1294B-12134-00000AD3371FB5FD_zpsd25f34b3.jpg
Bring the Mog and prove that you can offroad in something green.