• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2013 Rausch Creek Sign Up Thread

I was considering going to this but I would feel better about the whole trip in a convoy. Im at exit 62 on long island expressway and would be bringing a deuce if i went. Lookin to at least meet up and follow each other on the road trip in case of a breakdown. Possible meet up kassim and anyone else interested along the way would be great
When did you plan on leaving? I will be getting on 78west right outside NYC Friday evening.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be advised, though we are having this rally in mid-April, for those who haven't been there before, the location is on top of a high ridge-line, and the nights there get COLD. A couple times there was light snow present at some time during the weekend. If you plan on sleeping overnight there, in a tent or in the back of your truck, pack clothes and a sleeping bag as you planned to camp in the WINTER. You can always dress down if it warms up, but be prepared.

I plan to bring some firewood (we always seem to bring more than we burn, but I got TONS of fallen timber around here and no way to use it up), and maybe I can snag a M101 trailer to camp out of there, rather than try to fold myself into the back end of my Dodge. Last time doing that my back was killing me from being curled into a pretzel.

bp m1009

last time i went in 2010 i dont remember it being that cold at night? all we had was a tent and sleeping bags and that must have been fine cause i dont remember being cold or anything. :-?
Do they still have those straw pads to put a tent on?

BENZTECH

Well looks like im takin my jeep YJ with some other jeeps this time not sure about takin the trip in the deuce but i will be sure to stop thru the campsite and say hello. Theres a trip of coworkers planed that weekend to go and my jeep hasnt been there yet.

shenkmen

Well looks like im takin my jeep YJ with some other jeeps this time not sure about takin the trip in the deuce but i will be sure to stop thru the campsite and say hello. Theres a trip of coworkers planed that weekend to go and my jeep hasnt been there yet.
Bring the deuce!

Don't bring the Jeep. Bring the Jeep in the Deuce! YJ's fit nicely in the bed of a M35 with room to spare.

PaFarmer

Last weekend I was up with 26 jeeps from blue mountain jeep alliance. I spoke to two guys with deuces. One had a running A2 and the other an A3 that was not running. When I left at about 5pm, the A3 was still up there. Anyone know the status to the A3?

71m109a3

I'll be there Friday afternoon or early evening. I can bring firewood. Any objections to my non SS member buddy bringing his '74 FJ Landcruiser? If not, there will be two of us in my group. I'm still bringing my M1009.

Last edited:

71m109a3

Cool! He's done a lot of work to it over the last couple of years. This will be it's off-road debut, I believe.

PaFarmer

Good and bad news.

The good news is the entry fee at RC will be $10 on Saturday and $25 on Sunday, plus any annual membership for new folks. That is off the regular $35-45 entry fee.

The bad news is on Saturday only the Northeast property will be open to ride, it is about 1000 acres versus the 2000 we usually ride. As i posted about before, there is a big race there that weekend and they are closing the primary part of the park to riding, just racers and spectators on the East, West and South properties, from Wednesday through Saturday for practice/prerunning and qualifying.

In the good news column, the $10 fee to ride the Northeast property runs from Wednesday through Saturday. Camping will be allowed as usual. The $25 fee for Sunday covers the entire property, which usually costs $45 so we can run all the regular trails on Sunday. I have never seen this race live, but videos have been cool. The vehicles are rock racers, basically tube buggies with a combination of rock crawling parts and desert racing go fast parts. Lots of action.

Here is the link from the RC site. They only posted this info at the end of last month and no info yet on the itinerary for the race.

http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php?topic=19196.0

Timberwolf22

Guy here with the M35a3 that had an "extended stay" up at Rausch Creek after the Febuary "Freeze Out"..... truck is back running and count me in for the rally. Will have my boys with me so that's myself plus 2.

I will have my M35a3 and MEP-016c generator, recovery gear [snatch blocks & chains] plus some firewood.

Also you guys should know that the staff from Rausch Creek is awesome.... they kept an eye on my truck the entire time it was onsite even after I had to leave. They also checked up on me a few times while I was working on her in some nasty wind and snow.

Thanks also to all the guys that stopped over to check her out and offer a hand.

I also have some extra Snatch Blocks, Ammo Cans, Sand Bags and Sleep Systems let me know if anyone else wants me to bring anything up to the rally.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks