• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2013 Rausch Creek Sign Up Thread

shenkmen

Anyone have pics of that bronco being pulled out?
We came across a guy who decided to take his Bronco II, with stock tires aired up, no lift, no lockers, etc... off trail and into mud. The result is in the pictures.

Wildchild was happy to use his winch and assist the fellow.

IMG_1285.jpg IMG_1290.jpg IMG_1296.jpg

Corvette1974

I had a great time a RC this weekend! I finally got to meet and hang out with a bunch of the great guys on SS and did the best off-roading in my life, in a military vehicle convoy nonetheless.....you cant get much better than that. Thanks for everything, I'll definitely be attending future SS events!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As always, had a great time at Rausch Creek. Wish it didn't turn out to be the weekend of the race there, as well, but that's not of our making. First time I've been over on the other side of the road, so that was kinda interesting, and frustrating as a lot of the signs were down and a few were downright wrong re: the map. But we all made it out of there, with only a few slight damage to trucks and noone got hurt, so that's always a good thing. Hope the wheeling was good on Sunday as well, wish I could've attended Sunday but other trips had to be made too.

See you all in October!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, but I still feel that I held up the line trying to make sense of the map and the trails, and how they didn't match. Plus, many of the trails were not marked on the map, nor did they have signs. Frank, the pilot of the M923 I rode in, did great as a driver, and he said I batted .900 in terms of the navigating. Now, I know in the baseball major leagues if you get a .300 batting average, they pay you $5 million a year. So, I'm waiting for my check in the mail. For the meantime, shenk loaning me a trailer and cot to sleep in, and a few shared articles of food and drink, that's good enough payment for me! :)