• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2014 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

mikey

I've squared up with John Appel. If anyone can pick up the HMMWV wheel for delivery to RC, please let me know. I'd appreciate it.

Thx

Mikey

I'll be going down there in a few weeks to get a wheel from him but I won't be able able to make it to the rally I don't think. I'm not far from Rausch though

PaFarmer

No problem in a CUCV. We generally stick to the green trails. There are obstacles you can play on along the way, big rocks and windshield deep mud, but we run trails that allow everyone to ride along. We hit some blues from time to time. We have had wreckers, M109 box trucks and a LWB M36 with a shipping container out. CUCVs work great.

I'll definetly be there Friday and trailriding Saturday and Sunday with the M1031 maintenance truck. Maybe all the snow will be gone by then. Will most likely have 2 or 3 other cilvian vehicles going too. Leaving Newark area on 78 sometime Friday afternoon if anyone wants to join the convoy.

shenkmen

I'll definetly be there Friday and trailriding Saturday and Sunday with the M1031 maintenance truck. Maybe all the snow will be gone by then. Will most likely have 2 or 3 other cilvian vehicles going too. Leaving Newark area on 78 sometime Friday afternoon if anyone wants to join the convoy.
Good to hear you'll be back again.

GM-M1008

OK I want to go but I have a slight problem, my m1008 now has a plow frame is doesnt hang no lower than the dana 60 in the front and I only remember getting caught on two rocks with the 14 bolt. Think it will be ok with the plow frame? If you think Ill be fine Im in and probably a buddy with a lifted m1009.ploww.jpg this is the frame

Last edited:
Stay on the main trails, and you'll be fine. We run basic green trails that really any stock 4wd vehicle can do. Sometimes there are offchutes or harder lines to run, but there is always a nice easy bypass on anything that may seem sketchy for some.

PaFarmer

I would love to see an M985 getting dirty. One of your other trucks would work better on the wooded trails at RC.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Then that might be okay, it's a grey area I guess.

That HEMMT would fit down the main trails, where we hang out anyways, so bring it! Love to see that beast at RC....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks