• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Summer 2014 Rausch Creek Steel Soliders Rally

PaFarmer

Lt Dan texted that he had brake trouble that he has since fixed, so I believe he is all set. We have run pretty much all of the green trails the past few trips. We have mixed in blues on some trips, but some guys did not like the rocks, tighter trails and occasional multi point turns on blue trails, but it is fun to clear obstacles.

Do we want to stick together in one group, or split into two groups like the last trip? I am going to RC three times in August, so I really don't care what we run, other than deciding what to bring. All greens, 931, some blues Mog or Jeep.

Ok fellas I'm back from my punishment. .... Guess I better be more behaved now lol.

Ok so I did have problems with my air pack and I think i have it sorted out. If not I have a spare air pack kit. I will be at cabelas at 6 pm or so. I won't be home from work till about 5 and I need to shower and get cleaned up and throw the food and ice in the cooler. I will also be stopping at the Wawa near cabelas for fuel and food. If I'm late just wait.... If no one shows up by 630 or so I'm going to roll out.

One more thing the weather has taken a really crappy turn for the r word. Does anyone have provisions for a canopy or something to stand under and shoot some bs? Or will we all bunk down for the night? Also as much as I wanted to do some more intense blue trails I think with the rain I'm not going to want to take my cargo cover off. So let's see what others want to do but I'm ok with a little tougher greens or some blue offshoots with green bypasses.

Either way can't wait to see you guys and so some wheelin!

Ddmk18

Got my truck all checked over and ready to go. Hopefully be rolling in around 9:30 at night. Wish I could make it earlier but with work and 3 1/2 hour drive just not possible.

GregSLSTJ

Has anyone been to the North East side? It's an extra $10 but it's a lot of green trails mixed with blue that the big trucks might be ok with. I took my jeep over there last month and it wasn't to tight. I actually wheeled with a guy that had a trailer and he did ok. As far as one big group goes, I haven't had good luck with groups over 5 at a time. Just takes to long to turn around if you have to. If we plan out a known route it wouldn't be to bad. I'm up for anything..a bad day a Rausch is better than a good day at work..

I've never been over there..... **** that place didn't even exist the last time I was at Rausch lol..... Idc either way like I said though of its raining I don't want to take my cover off..... If it's not you guys probably won't want to go where I do lol

We ran the northeast property for the spring 2013 trip due to King of the Hammers taking over most of the park. It was fun, but we weren't familiar with the trails in respect to the big trucks actually fitting. I believe there was quite a bit of chainsaw action that weekend.

Crap that is one thing I don't have ready is my chainsaw. I'll throw it in the truck tomorrow.

Like I said doesn't matter to me. What ever you guys want. I think we should be more concerned with the 5 ton guys. Probably stay green this time around and and know the fall rally 4 or 5 of my buddies are coming so we could probably split up then and run some blues maybe I can talk you guys into some blacks. Trail 8 is awesome but I can't remember if it's tight or not.... I don't think so.

GregSLSTJ

It's been a work in progress since they opened it like three years ago. I went when it first opened and we didn't like it because it wasn't mapped and we drove around in circles. But now it's better and they have a map app. that you can download to a smart phone and it shows you where you are via GPS. Its awesome.

I remember the greens being mostly dirt roads but like I said been years since I've been there. What did you guys run for the spring rally. The one guys videos looked decent if they were green trails. There was one part plethora looked like your truck on a hill climb on a power line maybe?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks