• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

part id

rottiedog

Ok, I don't have a picture of it but I was trying to figure out my shifting issue and was checking vacuum lines when I found something. First, I found a nest under the intake. Next, I found what looked like a blown resistor. Just behind the intake and next to the vacuum pump is a big engine harness. Coming out of there is two wires hooked to a black "connector" that had what appeared to be a resistor. One of the legs looked blown.

Any idea what this thing is? What does it affect? Nothing seems to be broken so I am assuming that it goes to something unused like the radio rack.

85 M1009

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
The problem I have had is the switch mounted on the accelerator pedal bracket under the dash not working, check it with a meter make sure it opens and closes (continuity) I'll go take a look at my 1009, but the stuff that goes through the firewall near the Vac pump is radio stuff, mine is unplugged.

Croatan_Kid

I don't know what that resistor does, but I was definitely wondering about that myself while I was looking for burnt fuseable links. I didn't know if they were all just stuck in that connector and bent back or if it was just mine....glad to know it aint just me!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks