• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

part id

rottiedog

Ok, I don't have a picture of it but I was trying to figure out my shifting issue and was checking vacuum lines when I found something. First, I found a nest under the intake. Next, I found what looked like a blown resistor. Just behind the intake and next to the vacuum pump is a big engine harness. Coming out of there is two wires hooked to a black "connector" that had what appeared to be a resistor. One of the legs looked blown.

Any idea what this thing is? What does it affect? Nothing seems to be broken so I am assuming that it goes to something unused like the radio rack.

85 M1009

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
The problem I have had is the switch mounted on the accelerator pedal bracket under the dash not working, check it with a meter make sure it opens and closes (continuity) I'll go take a look at my 1009, but the stuff that goes through the firewall near the Vac pump is radio stuff, mine is unplugged.

Croatan_Kid

I don't know what that resistor does, but I was definitely wondering about that myself while I was looking for burnt fuseable links. I didn't know if they were all just stuck in that connector and bent back or if it was just mine....glad to know it aint just me!