• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Patracy's "SEMTT"

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW! You're a LOT younger than I imagined! Holy Smokes! (Well, if that is YOU standing by your truck, that is!)

ROFLMAO~ Looks SUPERB!

God bless,
Tony

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah I'm not going to force it to work. Looking for a rebuild kit for it now. In the mean time I'll pick up another regulator tomorrow.

Anyhow, I got my temp gauges and oil pressure gauges hooked up. I also took a side profile pic and a video for ya'll.
That is the picture I was looking for, the side profile. :) That is a very interesting build and a wild a.. look to it. It will be interesting to see once you are complete if you are happy with the setup.

Keep the pictures coming!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Lunch break update. I managed to get the torch back in service last night. Got all the parts cut up and fitted for the front bumper. Tack welded them at lunch and test fitted it. I'm going to cut out an opening for the "foot" window to the right. I'll add rec. tubing on the sides to extend the bumper upwards. As well as add horizontal tubing below and above the headlights for rigidity. I still have the shackle mounts from the 931 that I'll probably end up installing onto the bumper inside the relief cutouts. I've kinda got an idea for the reliefs. Adding foglights in them might work out pretty well.

This afternoon I'll finish weld the bumper and cut the relief in it. Then I'll drill and bolt it in place.

Attachments

zout

Your more of a handier fella than ya look :naner:.

You have more of a distorted personality than I thought after watching this build - now I see where you take all that pent up aggression out on. Keep it up - I am always home Saturday afternoon so you can teach me something.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah honestly fab'ing and wrenching are my release. Although at times I get more angry! (Today the 1/2" drill got my wrist pretty good and snapped a new bit) I did get the bumper finish welded. Also got all the dozens of holes drilled. (Well I've got four more, but I can't do those until I mount it again) If time allows, I'm going to pick up some more steel tomorrow to finish the bumper maybe.

I do a little of everything. But I don't do a lot of anything very well. I guess if I welded more my welds would look better.

zout

Weld looks good with good burn through - just as long as its not just all "laying" on the top and looking pretty all is well.

Good enough for a battle wagon.

Ford Mechanic

Yeah honestly fab'ing and wrenching are my release. Although at times I get more angry! (Today the 1/2" drill got my wrist pretty good and snapped a new bit) I did get the bumper finish welded. Also got all the dozens of holes drilled. (Well I've got four more, but I can't do those until I mount it again) If time allows, I'm going to pick up some more steel tomorrow to finish the bumper maybe.

I do a little of everything. But I don't do a lot of anything very well. I guess if I welded more my welds would look better.
Nothing a grinder can't fix![thumbzup] The one may not be as pretty as the other but it's definately a good weld other wise. Clean it up with the grinder and throw some paint on it and you'll never be able to see it! Lookin good though!

Your turn signal lights are on upside down....... I know they're suposed to be that way, it just looks odd every time I see one like it now.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nothing a grinder can't fix![thumbzup] The one may not be as pretty as the other but it's definately a good weld other wise. Clean it up with the grinder and throw some paint on it and you'll never be able to see it! Lookin good though!

Your turn signal lights are on upside down....... I know they're suposed to be that way, it just looks odd every time I see one like it now.
Yeah Soni "fixed" his. I decided to leave my "upsidedown" to make a few more things to tell our trucks apart. At least from a front shot. I wanted to paint mine tan since my frame is tan.

Picked up the steel I need to build the bumper frame. Got the corners and top built and tacked in place. I'm beat now though (rough night last night). Probably won't get anything else done this weekend as the rain is supposed to start tomorrow.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Been dodging rain all weekend. But at least the bumper frame is starting to take shape. Gotta pick up some more steel. Going to outsource the "grill" to a company that has a press. I'll start tearing apart my shelving in the M750 trailer for the donor sheetmetal.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, since the rain is driving me nuts, I decided to pilfer some parts from the M750. I found a section of expanded metal in there as well. I threw it on the front, but I decided I will much rather go with a grill like a real HEMTT has. Looks like I'll be able to use a couple sections of shelves for the bumper panels as well and leave the large pieces of sheetmetal for the doghouse.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks