• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Patracy's "SEMTT"

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What are your plans to cover the motor/tranny? Fabricate a doghouse/platform of sorts?
Yup. I'm going to try to re-purpose a lot of sheetmetal from the shelves in my M750. I'm probably going to build a "cage" around the engine to serve as a ROPS as well. Then maybe make sheetmetal gull wing panels for access. I'm probably going to "open up" the paneling as much as possible with expanded metal in areas to allow ample airflow.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Having put a lot of miles on HEMMT's in Korea I'm going to give you the benefit of my experience:

Making right turns will take a while to get used to. You will have a tendency to either turn too quickly or too late until you get oriented to the path the wheels take. For some reason left turns are a lot easier to get used to (maybe because you are driving from the left side).

Swinging wide into oncoming traffic when you make a wide right turn can be unnerving to you and to the oncoming traffic.

If you have a wreck you are going to be the first one at the scene of the crash.

It is also going to ride like an oxcart. Even with air ride seats (ours had the old style spring seats) it's going to beat your teeth out.

That being said it is a cool ride and will turn heads everywhere it goes. You have done a fantastic job with the build.

Danger Ranger

It looks great patracy. Thanks for the last batch of pics, that really helps me get a good look at it. Nothing against Soni, but his were in tighter quarters. I really dig the look. Keep it up.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just a thread update. Don't expect any updates the next few days. I've shifted from build to teardown of the 931 parts to get them loaded up for Zout's cookout. So not much of anything will be accomplished this weekend.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well I'm finally going to get back to the SEMTT tomorrow. Tonight I had lawncare and vehicle service to deal with. But I did manage to get the replacement wheel/tire installed back on the truck tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to start lugging the bumpers I got from Wreckerman up from to start building a front bumper.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well as usual it's an uphill battle. Started cutting up the bumper I got from wreckerman to make frame inserts. Ran out of oxygen. No biggie, I go get another bottle. Regulator goes crazy. Guess I'll tinker and figure out what else I can do.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Best NOT to tempt Mr. Murphy! Especially with combustibles! One step at a time, one bolt at a time!! Thanks for sharing!

God bless,
Tony

HEY!!! I clicked on the video and it says "video not available"... or is that just for me?? Anyway...the pic is awesome!!
:papabear:
Same here!! It says video is being processed. Maybe youtube has to check all videos to make sure they are ok before letting anyone else see them. Who knows? I would love a truck like that!! Good going!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks