• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Patracy's "SEMTT"

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Got the dash all apart. (well for the most part) I still need to remove the heater box. Got the treadle valve plumbed in. Bought $200+ worth of hose and fittings and ended up missing a few fittings I'll need. I'm a little puzzled by the 931's plumbing verses the MK48 cab. Most everything in the 931's vent drains back into the air system. Where as everything in the MK48 vents to atmosphere. To KISS it, I'm going to try to go with MK48 route and vent everything to atmosphere instead.
Well poop...If I don't get to see that rascal at Zout's pigout I guess I'm gonna have to come over there and ambush ya!!

I'm about as nervous as a French Ho in church to see the finished product!!:papabear:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm trying PB, I really am, but my progress just has slowed to a crawl because of the complexity of things I'm dealing with. I'm going to have to switch to yanking tires off next weekend to get the set of 177's for Swiss. It WILL however be ready for the rally. It should be ready for a CAMO meet as well...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PT - It should be ready for a CAMO meet as well

Cookout is a CAMO meet - you better hurry up.
I'm trying, I really am. Every day I'm turning wrenches on this. It's just a learning experience for me as well.

What are you going to do with the original cab?????
It's for sale in my parting out thread. Along with a BUNCH of other parts.

I picked up more air line as I blew through all the 1/2" and 3/8" I had. Man $300 in plumbing already! I'll have some left over 3/8" hose if anyone needs any. Almost all the plumbing is done though! But what a mess to get this done. I've got the dash all torn apart. Unfortunately a lot of the plumbing is behind the steering box. So it's a mess to say least in the cab right now. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get all the loose ends tied up. I've still got to install and plumb the springbrake overide button/lines. And plumb in the pressure regulator.

I've got a gladhand hose I'll use to pressurize the system as well and start testing things.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Making progress now! Got the plumbing done. Made a test hose. I have two items left to correct. I need a 1/8npt plug on the springbrake override, and one bulkhead fitting is leaking for the treadle valve lines. I'll get those cleared up this afternoon and then start putting the cab back together!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I couldn't test the parking brake correctly due to the truck having to be in override due to the 1/8th npt leak. But it seems as though all other functions work correctly!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Got the springbrake override figured out. I had the lines reversed. All air stuff is FIXED now! Need to put the steering setup back in place. I'm probably going to run to home depot to pick up some bolts to mount the throttle since it's cool/wet outside now.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oh and I ran into a little situation I need to work out. I plan on using the cool double throw axle/locker air switch. I had plumbed in a Y connection but it causes air to leak out the other port when it's flipped. I'm going to try to find a check valve.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just an update, tinkered a little at lunch.

I installed check valves on the output of the axle/t-case lever sides. I'm wondering if I'll have an issue though with unlocking now as I understand the vent now is to allow the cyl to release. Maybe I can purposely leave the line a little loose to serve the same effect at the t-case. I'll work that bug out later on...

Also put the heater back in place (was out to trace the 1,307 air lines a MK48 cab has in the doghouse area). Got the ABS light perm mounted as well. Also got the lights working for the t-case air lever as well. Also fixed a pesky leak at a bulkhead fitting.

The goal for tonight is:

Reinstall the steering setup
Reinstall the gauge cluster
Reinstall the doghouse panels
Install the springbrake override button

If I get all of that done, I'll start pulling out the chairs from the 931 cab since they're sold. Maybe start relocating batteries as well.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Got a server migration dumped on my lap for 6pm tonight, so I'm not sure what else I'll get done.

I did however knock out that list. And I've started fabbing the cable for the throttle. I've got a S bend near the peddle I'm going to see if I can "massage" a few things in hopes of making that S a little more easy for the cable. The push-pull cable for the t-case came in today as well. I'm not going to touch that until I have the old cab off though. I also still need to plumb in the mech oil pressure line.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Throttle peddle is in and cable connected. I've made a temporary throttle setup for now. I really need a piece of threaded rod in the right pitch to make this work. I'll stop by bolt place at work later this week and get that squared away. Outta light completely now. Thankfully my server migration hasn't moved that fast.

Tomorrow I've gotta start relocating the batteries and slave port. And get those seats out!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well I didn't get much of anything accomplished today. I had been putting off cutting the grass and tending to a few things around the house so those got attention today. I did however remove a pair of batteries and knock out the slugs in the toolbox and kinda laid things out in there. Also removed the slave port from the cab.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well I snuck out there before bed and drilled a hole for the slave port. Need some bolts before I mount it. Sounds like tomorrow I need to plan on having the batteries done. Oh and I got the seats loose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks