• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Patracy's "SEMTT"

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's 9:45 and I was working with a flashlight in my mouth, cell phone pics would have show up just black. :oops:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've seriously considered buying up a lot of work lamps. But I know I'd get into serious trouble with Mrs. Patracy if I started working at night. I'd never sleep!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seriously considered buying up a lot of work lamps. But I know I'd get into serious trouble with Mrs. Patracy if I started working at night. I'd never sleep!

Sounds like you're in trouble with the Mrs. Patracy 'cause you're having an affair with that project. You'd better keep momma happy, 'cause if momma ain't happy ain't nobody gonna be happy!

On the otherhand.... You've gathered a loyal following of fellow Green Iron Addicts.... We NEEEEED to keep the "stuff" coming!!!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok ok ok, so you guys wanted pics, here you go. I worked outside at 9pm at night with a shop light to get something accomplished today.

I didn't get a chance to go by threads of the south (specialty fastener company), so I ordered the threaded rod from McMastercarr. Should be here tomorrow.

I managed to get a set of batteries relocated to the toolbox. As well as mount the slave port to the box as well. I used some stainless steel eye bolts and web straps to secure things down since the steel retainer won't fit. Also test fired the engine on two batteries instead of four. Couldn't tell a difference at all. So at least now my last "need" of the original 931 cab is gone.

I'm thinking about outsourcing the four tires I need mounting since I'm pressed for time. I'll give the tire guy a call tomorrow and see what it'll set me back.

Also posted a few pics of the plumbing I've done, with the check valves. As well as the adapting I did for the throttle peddle to pull a cable for the throttle.

Attachments

agazza2

Excellent work. You sure have come a long ways on this project in a short amount of time. Definitely enjoy the updates when time permits. Wish I lived closer to see this when it is completed. Keep up the good work.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your engine is in good tune, then 2 batteries should be good down to about 25ºf. Any lower, and you will need extreme measures to get her started. I got the M814 started at 29ºf this winter, without the intake heater and primer. She didn't like it, but she did start.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It gets down to that area from time to time. Prob reinstall the either starting kit later on (and get a full bottle...).

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Doesn't look like I'll have the SEMTT done in time for Zout's cookout. But as of this afternoon, I've got the tandem axles tires swapped. I installed 14.00 XL's on the wheels I had. (whew....) And put them on the truck. Also got the fenders detached from the cab and the front cab bolts loose. I battled a small issue with a gasket that caused an oil leak, but that's taken care of as well. I actually drove it forwards and backwards a bit. Tomorrow I'm going to try to remove the old cab. And if time allows, take it for a small test drive.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I managed to get a little more forwards today. The old cab is off. Ended up messing up my t-case shifter a bit. I assumed that the shifter pivot was on the floor of the cab and not the transmission crossmember. So the button thingy got ripped off. :roll:

Anyhow, some more pics.

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
wow that is far forward! Is that it's final position?
Yes, the MK48 cab is in it's final place. The cab literally has a 1/4" clearance between the mount at the front of the steering box. Length wise, the truck is now a M932 since I used frame extensions up front.

I could have possibly made a mount over the steering box itself, but I'm not sure how it'd be possible to secure it and not impede the pitman arm. Plus the cab would have to be lifted about 10 to 12" up off the frame to clear the box due to the cab mount. I'm not sure how the radiator would work out at that point either. Plus the higher CG.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Honestly I don't think it looks bad. And the lines I think will work out in my favor. I'm going to keep the stock "cab fenders" and make a platform/fenders that will tie in there. If you look at the side profile you can see how closely it will all line up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks