• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Patracy's "SEMTT"

Kohburn

you have my sympathy, my fun projects are all on hold also till i sell my house. hoping to avoid selling my deuce.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So I do have some pics at least of a few things. Zout, is that the pic you wanted? Last is the reinforced channel spacers for the crane. They're just eyeballed so they're not spaced even, but 1/2" plate will cover that side shortly.

Dblbeard

Patracy, if you did put it in tow behind I'm figuring about 30 minutes into the trip at least 4 Satellites, 12 unmarked gov cars and 3 solid black aircraft would be
tracking every move. When you did stop you better be ready for a cavity search.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm very certain that my compound is already under watch due to all the hardware sitting on my 1 acre LOL.

I would certainly cover it with a tarp when in transit. Well not around town where I live. All the local police staff (I'm friends with them) are watching my SEMTT build on facebook. :D

Dblbeard

I almost bought a homemade canon a few years back from Kentucky, the only problem is that it was so big it had to be transported with a reese hitch behind a vehicle,
but the trouble would have been the barrell was sticking straight out the back and pointing towards traffic behind me.
I figured it wasn't work all the trouble I would get in when I crossed state lines or an aircraft saw me on the interstate pulling what looked to be an "Howitzer".

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, ok, so I caved. I said I wasn't going to buy anything for a while, but I couldn't pass this up.

I snagged a NEW pto for $205.83 shipped to my door. Ebay win!

I do however have a few things sold though as of tonight. So it'll be a wash. At least this means I can start mounting the crane next week!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think I just had a great idea on how to actuate the PTO. I have a 24v electronic solenoid/actuator from a APU I had once. It's still mounted on a bracket as well. I think I'll adapt it to use one of the left over switches on the dash and use one of the lamps as well.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just another non-update. The PTO is delayed on shipping to me. The seller put it in a box that previously was labeled priority or something. Well according to him, USPS returned it back to him and it just got shipped back out. So things are at a standstill with the PTO and crane until they get here. (From what I've read, I don't want to get the crane installed until I have the PTO mounted.

On the upside, I have a contract on the old house. Hopefully I'll free up some funding in a month or two.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well I got my spacers installed. Might not look like much, but they're heavily braced. 6 1/2" grade 8 bolts locate them each. Then two bolts horizontally to secure the 1/2" "backing plate". The bolts are really just there to hold everything straight and in place until the crane gets installed. Then everything will get sandwiched together. I'm also going to make a cross brace for the side plates as well. I just need to make some measurements first. I also have to install my push/pull cable for the t-case before the crane gets installed. (Along with the PTO and pump of course) I plan on getting all the measurements laid out tomorrow for the cross brace as well as build the cable mount. (I will attach it to the brace if everything will fall into place)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Passenger side is missing the 1/2" plate as I want to allow as much room as possible for the PTO install.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PTO made it's way in finally. But I spaced and forgot the cable to actuate it. I'm just going to take it easy this weekend and rest. I've got a procedure to have done Monday. That'll keep me from working much next week on it. (I'll probably tinker with small things though like the PTO cable and the t-case shift cable though.) Also Bo helped me out with the grill and designed it yesterday in autocad. It's sent off to the shop now to be lasered out this following week.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As of today there's nothing funny about it. Especially when I forgot to take my pain pills to work and had to sit in a freezing room all day.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As of today there's nothing funny about it. Especially when I forgot to take my pain pills to work and had to sit in a freezing room all day.

Ouch.

Praying for your prompt and relatively painless recovery, Drew.

HoundDog tells me that as long as you keep licking, the wound will stay warm... but when you stop likcing the evaporative cooling will chill 'em good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks