• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Perhaps, I just won't be happy until I get it really stuck?

pittdog

ease her over the small logs.... low range... 2nd gear.... and flip the lill switch in... ( in ) .... carefull now !........ and thats why they make a power washer for !!

Rolling_Eudaimonia

ease her over the small logs.... low range... 2nd gear.... and flip the lill switch in... ( in ) .... carefull now !........ and thats why they make a power washer for !!

most of the time the truck when I drive off road is in low-range and in 1-3 gears. Also I almost always have the truck with the front axle engaged. I usually drive it rather carefully where ever I go.

thanks for the advice.

tjcouch

I was actually yelling "go! Go! go!" at my monitor for the last minute of the video - very nice!

I once strapped down my camera on a tripod in the back for an interesting camera angle . . . granted, I was only driving down my street - but you get the idea:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KkZ-wVnDc[/media]

Rolling_Eudaimonia

I was actually yelling "go! Go! go!" at my monitor for the last minute of the video - very nice!

I once strapped down my camera on a tripod in the back for an interesting camera angle . . . granted, I was only driving down my street - but you get the idea:
Yeah, that is pretty decent actually, for the setup. I think I need to get my camera mounted to my dashboard for a drive around my hometown. I'll show the world what smalltown upstate New York looks like from the Duke.

The mud is about 18 to 24 inches deep on the way out of the pit. I need to get my brothers' Kubota out with his York Rake and groom the pit some and see what the beast can really do.

pittdog

don't go over axel deep man ! you'll need that dozer to pull you out .... or youse the winch.... if you got one ..... find a gooood tree !.... have fun man !.......... pittdog !

Rolling_Eudaimonia

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZAv48u-eEw[/media]

So how deep was the mud for this guy to get stuck in?

gray_shadow

Just remember. in mud, spin the wheels fast enough to clean the lugs/treads. That way, you get a fresh bite at every rotation....but be careful about over-revving the engine.

((Just a thought);-)

GoHot229

Hmm.... Well you really tore up that location, I'll give you that much. Moreover, you caused enough dammage for decades worth of time to overcome. But your 'cool' Yea mabe someday you will break something and get really stuck, and......well this video is just as telling as anything about some peoples mindsets.....................what ....you thought everyone would want to see your accomplishments?....... It's events like this that foster bad feelings for off roaders by the public. Just mabe..... it wasn't so cool

Rolling_Eudaimonia

Hmm.... Well you really tore up that location, I'll give you that much. Moreover, you caused enough dammage for decades worth of time to overcome. But your 'cool' Yea mabe someday you will break something and get really stuck, and......well this video is just as telling as anything about some peoples mindsets.....................what ....you thought everyone would want to see your accomplishments?....... It's events like this that foster bad feelings for off roaders by the public. Just mabe..... it wasn't so cool
I would never do this sort of stuff on someone else's property, this is my property. If want to drive the truck around on it in the back and make big hole I can.

You're right if this was some one else's property that would have been uncool of me to do. But in this case all I need to do is flatten it out with a york rake and some extra dirt so big deal.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

Just remember. in mud, spin the wheels fast enough to clean the lugs/treads. That way, you get a fresh bite at every rotation....but be careful about over-revving the engine.

((Just a thought);-)
That was the one saving grace this mud wasn't as sticky as it can be. It's sticky but not that so sticky that when you step in it that it wants to consume your legs and shoes. But yeah that is a good tip. And well you always have to be careful of over-reving the engine. I was barely at 2200rpm at the most during this little off-road run.

SasquatchSanta

A lot of the logging roads in Northern Minnesota are now completely locked down to the public (including ATVs) because some idiot came in with a jeep or pickup and rutted them all up. A deuce can do some really serious damage. I would think finding private land owners that would allow someone to come in and carve ruts and furrows like in the video would be difficult.

atilathehun wrote:

...if he goes mudding ware there is heavy equipment to fix the mess no harm no foul........
That depends on who's having to do the fixing and if he is getting paid to fix the mess.

Because of ruts and trees ran over (trees that I had planted) I had to put up a steel gate to keep the four wheelers and snowmobilers out.

Rolling_Eudaimonia

A lot of the logging roads in Northern Minnesota are now completely locked down to the public (including ATVs) because some idiot came in with a jeep or pickup and rutted them all up. A deuce can do some really serious damage. I would think finding private land owners that would allow someone to come in and carve ruts and furrows like in the video would be difficult.

atilathehun wrote:

That depends on who's having to do the fixing and if he is getting paid to fix the mess.

Because of ruts and trees ran over (trees that I had planted) I had to put up a steel gate to keep the four wheelers and snowmobilers out.

Well this video was taken on my property. Off-road driving of any sort is going to cause damage. The bigger the vehicle the greater the damage it will produce. This entire concept of "treading lightly" is great but in most cases unrealistic in many respects. You get a group of jeeps or pickups all regular .25ton or 1ton at most and you put 33 to 40 inch mud tires, drive them of road over unprepared road and you're going to see ruts. That's the basic truth of this sport or activity off-road driving or any off-road activities creates some sort of environmental impact.

What we need to do is have state operated land specifically allocated for off-road driving and maintained by tax dollars. Basically once or twice a year the trails should be dozed and leveled out.

Personally, I want to start an off-road park dedicated for extreme off-road driving. That way no compliants and no issues.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks