• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up a $500 m1009 Sh*tbox. No key? Hotwire?

CrustyM1010

I was having issues uploading them! But here they are. I might be able to use the steering column too! We will see. Plus it comes with a 4L80E.

So far these are the parts I'm going to take of the 2500:
1. Exhaust manifolds
2. Intake manifold and plenum assembly
3. Turbo and air filter setup (until I get a KN setup)
4. Crossover pipe and other exhaust pieces. I can cut them up and weld them to make it fit.
5. Entire serpentine system (I need to figure out the alternator setup)
6. Steering column.
7. 4L80E For later use
8. Battery trays (fabricate them for use on the m1009 if turbo hits stock trays)
9. Block heater
10. Injectors and lines (I read stock 6.2 injector lines hit manifold or turbo)

cant really think of anything else.

If anyone needs any parts for free that I'm not using let me know. Just pay for shipping.

Attachments

Last edited:

CrustyM1010

I’m putting this project to the side unfortunately. The rust is worse than I thought. I was looking in between the panels underneath. I would never be able to remove it all. And financially I don’t think it’ll be worth it anymore. THIS TRUCK WILL NOT GO TO THE SCRAP YARD THOUGH. Gonna save it for parts and try to keep my other trucks on the road longer.

cucvrus

Smart Move. I have scrapped a few of the 1988 -1990 cab chassis models that were plow trucks for school districts. But Sharecropper that may have the transfer case you need. Maybe not. It looks much newer. It may have an OD transmission. Happy Holidays. That probably has the computer on the engine and injection pump. Good Luck with that.

FloridaAKM

Your battery is still usable, wire brush it off & put a new connector on it & keep working on the truck. I did that to my 85 Deuce with brand new batteries when the connector got loose for some odd reason, it left a small pool of lead on the battery top. Replaced the connector & back to work she went with no problems since then. Others will chime in with similar ideas. Keep up the good work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks