• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of my singled 5-ton with 16-20's - just finished!

TheBuggyman

I would guess that the drum mounting surface is centered on the spindle then so when the hubs are flipped the mounting surface dimension doesn't change. Makes sense.
It would stand to reason also that the five ton hubs are drilled and tapped on both ends to accept the axle flange and/or the drum. Cool.

dma251

Yup. It was good thinking on Rockwell's part to do it like that because it offers so much flexibility.

I will say this - I spent hours pouring over pics and tech manuals and threads on here and elsewhere trying to figure it out in my head before I tried it at home.

Once you start doing it, it becomes very obvious exactly how it needs to be done. The hardest part is dealing with the mess, and getting the seal in and out without damage.

These are the tools my buddy made for me - the hub puller is invaluable.

By the way - I'm looking for a set of hub sockets - anyone have some extras they want to sell me?

Attachments