• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please don't be this guy(pics inside)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make one! Home Depot sells welders to anyone!

ryan77

I saw a guy at a rental place returning a trailer with a honda civic, He took stuck the end of the trailer in the trunk and put a tire iron through the trailer and trunk latch, Tied the trunk lid down and pulled it. Apparently his truck broke down and he didnt want to rent one to return it!!! The guy at the rental place went ape Sh%t.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just because something CAN be done, does not mean that the thing in question SHOULD be done.

God looks out for FOOLS and little children everyday.

Where's the Highway Patrol when you really need them.

Crystal Ball Prediction:
First hard braking in any degree of turn and we're going to see the CART BEFORE THE HORSE.
(or the horse's arse).

:cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: = CRAZY to the seventh power.

midcounty

I saw one at Meade when I was recovering a Deuce. That guy was pulling a M105 with a 2wd short bed Nissan p/u, one of the older really small trucks. I asked him if he realized the trailer weighed nearly 3,000 lbs and he just shrugged it off. Glad he was going the other way.

ryan77

That guy would be pulled over in Illinois in 2 seconds, the trailer impounded and he would have about 50 tickets!!!!!! That would make a state troopers day!!!!!

highsiera

those look like NJ plates on the buick, maybe it has the duramax w/ the allison, 14 bolt corp rear too? dunno, Jersey is a long way up I-95 from Aberdeen....

Josh

IN all reality. If he had a drop hitch(or in this case a raise hitch) that made the trailer ride level, and some safety chains. There would be no problem towing this trailer. Ive towed more with less, and unless your a moron it can be done safely. Towing a 3/4ton suburban behind an S10 with out trailer brakes, sure it wasnt the best idea, But i got the tow rig home with out incident and with out killing a busload of nuns/kids when ya think ahead.

Not trying to insult anyonehere or anything, But thinking you need a 3/4ton or larger pickup to tow a 1400lb trailer is asinine.

TexAndy

As was already mentioned, (other than the lack of safety chains) "Trailer weighs less then 1400lbs, Towing capacity on that car is greater then 1400lbs, Problem is?"
And he did at least make a small effort by wrapping the tow strap around it.

People are acting like he's out raping nuns and pitchforking babies...
Yep.

There's safety conscious and then there's being too afraid to walk across the street without a reflective vest.

With a couple of safety chains, I don't see what the issue would be other than the angle. And even then, not much of a problem so long as they keep it on paved road.

I'd post the pic of my stacked 105s (yes, 105s) behind my half ton pickup, but I'm afraid some people here might have a heart attack.

n1bnc

That is a scary situation. This reminds me of an image on the web a few years ago of a fat man in a speedo. The caption read "Just because it fits doesn't make it right". How much is it to rent or borrow a vehicle to do this right??? :cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks