• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please don't be this guy(pics inside)

rickf

OH MAN! You had to bring up that speedo picture! That pick up is right around the corner from my house, (ask EMD and Ferro) and that kind of rig does not surprise me around there. The local cops would not bother it, they don't want to get out of their cars. Staties on the other hand would have a field day. With that angle if he had to slam the brakes it would push the rear down and unload the front which is where 75% of your braking is, not to mention a small portion of your steering.:roll:
Wreckerman, you must be familiar with Dix, there are three scrappers within 2 miles. One, now closed, used to be right across the street.

Rick

toomanytools

I tow 10,000 gvw gensets in Maryland as part of my job. We take hitching and safety very serious. We have had MULTIPLE DEATHS recently due to knotheads not doing something as simple as a safety pin or chains ( three killed on Chesapeake Bay bridge because some dimwit in a Lincoln Navigator pulling a peice of junk with no pin, lost his trailer ON the bridge.) He's fine, and to the best of my knowledge, didn't even get a ticket. My partner confronts these folks when he sees this stupidity, and eveyone so far just shrugs him off. I keep my thouhgts to myself (self preservation).
But for those who poo-poo this nonsense, this stuff can kill. And it almost never hurts the idiot.

OldSalt

So... no pigtail, no brake lights, no turn signals, no problem?!?!? To make this better, trailer blocks the view of the vehicles lights.

boomer

OK, now for a more neutral comment; (or point-counter point) What's the big deal? As other's have mentioned, they've seen worse. So Have I. Maybe he is just getting into the hobby, getting the cart, then the horse. Maybe his friend with the truck couldn't make it. Or after pay the fee's he couldn't afford to rent a truck. Who knows-who cares. ( obviously some of you guys do, getting a little bent out of shape). If it was a You Rentem' trailer, would there be a post? Just because it's military. It seems to work for him. Also, unless he was speeding (or weaving,etc.) more likely, he would not get stopped for the set up. In Il., Wi. or most other states.

Last edited:

197thhhc

Sometimes you just gotta go for it. You cant be a p***y all your life.

Honestly fellas is this the PC section of the forum. Most MVers are far from politically correct.

rat4spd

At least he's towing it with a DOT approved vehicle, and not one of our many non DOT approved MV's, especially all of you guys with single circuit braked deuces with super singles that run 70 mph.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least he's towing it with a DOT approved vehicle, and not one of our many non DOT approved MV's, especially all of you guys with single circuit braked deuces with super singles that run 70 mph.
:roll:

:cool:

[thumbzup]

roscoe

That small trailer at 70 MPH crossing the divider into some kids car would be a big deal.
I had a trailer cross the highway in front of me, from the other side, and come to rest against the guardrail. That guy was really lucky. It looked like he had the wrong size ball and no safety chains.

landfillman

Isee it all the time here. Even saw a DOT officer with a pair of old pickup bed trailers hitched tandem going down the road with noting but dropped in hitch pins taking to the scrap yard. At the landfill i work at We try not to take from the public but the recent storms we are taking brush.

Had a man com in with a trailer like the one posted behind a Halfton truck and it had a 30 inch sollid oak tree trunk in it about 7 feet long. I told him notto come back. I dont see ow it made it up the hill to the working face.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks