• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2010-Second Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy/Camp-Out

mikkelborg

Yeah, probably WSMVPC then. I've thought about joining both groups, if they would take me, but the West Sound group makes more sense since I'm in Poulsbo and ferry rides are expensive. Do you know if any PSMVCC guys are going to be at the Fort Worden show in June? (sorry to get off topic a bit) EDIT: On second thought he easily could have just been some guy out cruising today, I was doing the same thing for about 4 hours.

Back on topic, if we have 30+ vehicles are we going to break into two march units with seperate flags and signs so that we will need duplicates of everything or not? Making additional flags and signs if they are needed is not a problem for me as long as materials do not get too expensive.

Oh boy, I'm excited about this!

Collin

Last edited:

64c30

Yeah, probably WSMVPC then. I've thought about joining both groups, if they would take me, but the West Sound group makes more sense since I'm in Poulsbo and ferry rides are expensive. Do you know if any PSMVCC guys are going to be at the Fort Worden show in June? (sorry to get off topic a bit) EDIT: On second thought he easily could have just been some guy out cruising today, I was doing the same thing for about 4 hours.

Back on topic, if we have 30+ vehicles are we going to break into two march units with seperate flags and signs so that we will need duplicates of everything or not? Making additional flags and signs if they are needed is not a problem for me as long as materials do not get too expensive.

Oh boy, I'm excited about this!

Collin

You can join both groups. We have a number of members that are in both the Westside and Puget Sound clubs.

Oh yeah, there'll be some of us PSMVCC members at Ft Worden, though I don't know how many at this time.

I'm hoping to be at Ft Worden on 6/12-13, the Olympia Air Show 6/18-20, Arlington Air Show 7/5-11, and the Napavine events 7/17-18 depending on work and such.

srodocker

i was told only era accurate at fort warden...plus i have to pump out some painting before july 4rth parade here in town and then the event on the 18th.

when are the meetings for thsoe groups?

64c30

Era? Which era? We've had vehicles of all sizes ranging from WW 2 to current service CUCVs at Ft Worden at previous events. It's all about history and having a great time.

30 vehicles is a rather large road march without support from local law enforcement, which isn't likely to happen.

I'd suggest breaking it up into two elements with at least 15 min before the 2nd element pulls out, with somebody in the lead, middle and tail vehicles that know the route. There should be a large vehicle second from last, with a tow strap or chain, without a trailer to pull any possible breakdowns. Sorry, but my active duty convoy NCOIC experience is rearing its ugly head again. ;-)

I don't know where or when the Westside club meets, but PSMVCC meets the last Wednesday of every month except Nov and Dec at the Redmond VFW hall at 1900 hrs. The address is 4330 148th Ave NE, Redmond, 98052-5152. It's a few blocks north (?) of the Microsoft complex, and directly across the street from the fire station on 148th.

Last edited:

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aaron, OK - move me to the grown-ups table.
Looks like I will drive up on the 16th and stay the night.

I also put in an order with the MVPA for a set of convoy signs, so I will bring those as well.

As for what and how many, I will say at least a 5 ton (I don't know which one yet) and I am going to try and see if any of my local parade contingent want to tag along.

Varyag - let talk about a East West Convoy, if you're up to going up on Friday. Take the scenic Hwy 12.

:deadhorse: Shameless Plug Warning!!!!!

I still have Hemtt combat rims with correct valve stems for $150ea.
And since I am coming that way you can get free shipping.

AaronW

Note to self.....We are gonna need nametags this year. The list is growing! Nice. Yesterday my neighbor gave me clearance to use his 5 acres as well. My place is center photo, ringed with small trees. My neighbor Jim is letting us use the long, skinny field to the left(northwest) of mine in the pic.

Attachments

Last edited:

Hammer

Does anyone have some tent poles? I would love to bring the GP Large and have it setup, but I am lacking all the poles/stakes for it!

Aaron, cool about your neighbor, especially with the narrow angle to get into the back section.
Cool sign! And off course we all know that Amber rocks!