• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2010-Second Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy/Camp-Out

usmc deuce cpl

I'll tell ya, my hats off to Brad He had the parts that I needed and they only cost me $40. Saved me approx 160. Now I just need to get some new fan belts and put it all together.

AaronW

Preps continue....Loading the 715.....

.....onto Hammer's trailer. This was fun and not at all scary. Low range is your friend!

Thanks go to Hammer and his bride. Also thanks to my neighbor Jim for the CJ-5 assist in loading the 101 onto the gooseneck.

Almost parade ready.:jumpin:

Attachments

Last edited:

Hammer

Sure looks good with the new paint, and way up on that trailer!

Just think, we get to do it all again, but in reverse, after this is all over with!
Of course I won't be in a hurry to unload the trailer.....

Josh

Totes got droped off this morning, Ended up getting 4 of them, If ya want some let me know. So far we got Sro for 1, Reo for 1 for sure, 2 if non one else wants one, and a 4th one thats open.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
About the trailer loading.
Don't you guys on the West side have large mounds of dirt to use as loading ramps for tractor trailers? Over here on the East side, we just grab the front end loader and dig an angled ditch into the ground and then back the trailer into that and pile the dirt up as a ramp.

aua

Hammer

You dig a hole in the ground around here and you have a POND!
Besides, Aaron's place is WAY too nice to have a big hole and pile of dirt around there.
I on the other hand will build one at my next place. Just the ramp part, I don't need a pond...

64c30

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen an address for Aarons place. All I did see was 2 mi west of Napavine on Hwy 603. Will there be signs? An MP waving us in? Dancing girls pointing the way? Maybe a searchlight lighting the way after dark?
We plan on coming in Fri evening with the Beast and Blazer. Not enough time to do the reverse side of the convoy sign, so I'll probably bring up the rear. The 814 will have to stay at Aarons for the convoy as Donna doesn't feel comfortable driving it.

REO 54

Well I'm down to the wire now,getting prep done.Goin'through all 10 tires{thanks s1036s]paint and air checks,then dismount the old and mount the new ones.Yup,looks like I'll be workin' on the truck while on the ferry.Hey CougarX,can we actually hear those walkie talkies while driving?

wsucougarx

I have a set of old Motorola Talk-a-bouts with a ear bud w/microphone. I can hear pretty well even with a soft top at highway speeds. I've used the same set for all my recoveries...in fact I'll be using them tomorrow for my deuce recovery. I highly recommend a set of ear buds also an extra set of batteries. Also, they do make them with a high pitch emergency pager of sorts to get your attention. The operator can send this sound out on the channel to let other operators know there is something important to be heard. Granted there isn't going to be much traffic on the radios, just in emergencies. If you have a passenger then I'd designate them.

Kaiserjeeps

I just finished the spring ride seats and all new cushions. The seats are set in place. They are not a bolt in.

The mosquitoes are really bad this year. I cut up a bug screen tent wall and made an end curtain for the truck. Bring your bug juice.
Tomorrow afternoon an engine and transmission oil change. I am beat.

Looks like we don't have any excuses now.:mrgreen:

And DITTO on the address.

Attachments

Last edited: