• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2010-Second Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy/Camp-Out

AaronW

One question though, how fast does the convoy move? I might have some trouble keeping up in my stock (read, 'slow')M37...

Collin
Thanks for the good question Collin. In the interest of having as many MV's as possible in the convoy, all road legal rigs are welcome. We will travel as slow as we need to to accomodate everyone.

If we need to change or shorten the route a little, that is no big deal as well. The main goal as I see it, is to have as many on the road as possible.

Hope to see you here in July!

wsucougarx

Outstanding! So far, we're sitting at 19 confirmed MV for this years Parade/Convoy and 7 possibles. At this point we have a potential of 26 MV!!!!! Wow this is going to be incredible nothing like a mile long MV convoy:razz:

Hi Scott,I hope still to ride in a mv if there's room. Just wondering my wife will have our truck so is there anything she can do on the convoy with it? We are open to any suggestions? Perhaps some pictures or a video of the convoy going by if she is ahead of it? elk She will have a Dodge quadcab for herself and if anyone wants to ride with her there would be lots of room

srodocker

pictures from you wife will be sweet! not sure if i will have room or not gf is still up in the air if she wants to come. if you cant with me im sure there will be room in other vehicles as there will be a lot :)

pictures from you wife will be sweet! not sure if i will have room or not gf is still up in the air if she wants to come. if you cant with me im sure there will be room in other vehicles as there will be a lot :)
Whatever works for everyone or you is fine with me! She will take our truck and get ahead of us and take some pictures and video. If I can riide with somebody that would be great but if thats not possible its no big deal ok? thanks!

wsucougarx

Just wondering how many guys are hanging low out of radar's range who plan on attending. I know there are several who have not chimed in just yet. If Aaron and I have not been contacted by you and you plan on attending, let us know:) Good to know our actual count.
Again, please plan on having some form of FRS radio like the motorola Talk abouts for comms.

Last edited:

mikkelborg

I picked up an amber rotator for my M37 if we should happen to need another vehicle with a convoy light.

Srodocker, are you are in Tacoma? I plan to drive back roads all the way, if you can stand keeping it under 40 I wouldn't mind the company heading south. I'll probably be coming down through Gig Harbor so it wouldn't be hard to meet up Friday night or Saturday morning.

Collin

srodocker

mikkleborg i live in university place right next to the bridge. im fine with taking backroads except that once we hit olympia it will be hard too...but we can convoy i plan on leaving like 5am friday morning as thats what time i will be getting home from work

Amer-team

Just a thought for those of you that might head down to Napavine from up north. Especially if there are a few of you. Jump on I-5 and stay in the right lane. Preferrably put a large truck in the rear. It actually feels safer when there are 3 lanes or more as there is plenty of passing room.

We usually travel with 3 to 6 vehicles and speed range is 40 - 45 and have had no problems over the years, except for 1 rear end collision of one of our group in their non MV personnal vehicle, by a lady talking on a cell phone. This was north bound in the Hawks Prairie area.

It is sort of spooky to be doing this run in a jeep with people coming up on you at 60 or 70 MPH, but it is odd how they give wide berth to the 5 ton.

wsucougarx

I'll convoy down with you guys. We'll need to set up a rally point in the Olympia area fairly close with easy access to I-5. The 40-45 MPH is good to go on my end.

wsucougarx

Not 101, taking I-5 S. in Olympia. I know there is an exit right off I-5 just south of Tumwater w/a truck stop..Scott Lake exit? I don't remember. That would probably be the best place to rendezvous. Easy access onto I-5 w/minimal traffic issues. Any ideas?