• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2010-Second Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy/Camp-Out

srodocker

hrm 3dz sound enough? maybe more? i know i can eat a bunch as im going to be on 1hr of sleep as i will be getting home around 330 or 4 then leave with the deuce at like 515 so i can order all the dougnuts before people get there.

so as it stands and if you can put this on the first page or whatever

tacoma mall convoy meeting at krispy kream at 600. plenty of room to park.

add any other details if you need to mike

Last edited:

wsucougarx

May want to set up a 0600 hr Tacoma Mall meeting time to account for stragglers that come in before your 0630 hr departure time. If you leave Tacoma by 0630 hrs, that would definately put you around Tumwater by the 0730 hr departure time.

REO 54

Hey Josh,if your out there still,I left two tires for you in Everett at s1036s house.Just pm him and he can give directions to his place.It's not far off I-5.Otherwise I'll just pick them up on the way to Seattle and bring'em to the Rally.Just wanted to least have them on the mianland if you need them.

Josh

If ya wana bring them to the rally that would be great.

Also, Good news, I found out today that I do get next weekend off. Planing on rolling up there friday night. If I leave when I get off my regular work, I'd show up between 8 and 9. Does that work for you Aaron? Figure when I get there I can slap my cover on and make my bed in the bed of the deuce.

AaronW

If ya wana bring them to the rally that would be great.

Also, Good news, I found out today that I do get next weekend off. Planing on rolling up there friday night. If I leave when I get off my regular work, I'd show up between 8 and 9. Does that work for you Aaron? Figure when I get there I can slap my cover on and make my bed in the bed of the deuce.
perfect.

AaronW, We have arrived in our campground at Hoodsport (Dow Creek RV Park) near Lake Cushman in the Olympics! We plan on arriving at your place in Napavine Thursday afternoon. Forgot to tell you that we have our 15 year old grandson with us. He can help set up for the campout or whatever needs to be done. Hope it isn,t a problem. Elk rations are safe and sound and plenty of them are in stock!! We are in cell phone range as well as internet communications with our laptop. Had a real good time at the Arlington Airshow and the parade.Looking forward to the convoy and campout. elkhunter

Varyag

Getting my jungle hammock in the mail today for a sleeping area in the truck. This just give me a reason to dust off my wool blankets and clean my fart sack. Good to pull out the old gear every once in a while to make sure the moths aren't attacking and to refold it again like old times.

Alex400

I hate to say it guys, but I cannot come. I finally got a job this summer playing sax and clarinet with a musical in Yakima and it would be too much to get home at 11 the night before drive over, do the parade, go back by 6:30pm that night for the show. If it was any other job i would just get a sub, but something like this is impossible to cover as I was chosen to come in a week late after they couldn't find anyone. I had been thinking that i could make even though i probably could I can't justify the 6 hours of driving for 3 of fun and then go to work. I want to thank Aaron for extending one his deuces to me to drive in the parade, and i am sorry that i can't make it. I hope i can come over for a mini rally sorts later. Was looking forward to seeing this big turnout. Anyway, hope you all have fun and have good weather for the parade and rally. Hope to see you all before the next rally.

Alex

Josh

Also, if wants some 275 gallons totes. Im picking one up for scott, and there at 2 more avaible at $50 each. Lemme know, Im going to get em in the next day or 2. Im just buying from a guy down here in vancouver and hauling them up if ya want one.. Lemme Know.

Amer-team

For Reo54 and Choll, it didn't look like anyone directly answered your question about Exit 99. It is about 4 to 5 miles south of Olympia on I-5. Highway 16 is about exit 132. Exit numbers correspond to the miles from the Oregon border on I-5.

So when you guys get on the freeway in Tacoma, even if you convoy at 40 MPH, you will be there in a bit less than an hour.

ABN173

Getting my jungle hammock in the mail today for a sleeping area in the truck.
Jungle Hammock huh....that brings some unpleasant memories back, in early 1990 we were in the field and I was sleeping in my jungle hammock and somebody had a stun gun and thought it would be funny to give me a zap.

Have you ever woke up from a dream suddenly because you dreamed you were falling or something? well multiply that by 10......:???:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks