• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2010-Second Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy/Camp-Out

Hammer

The fuse tested good but the funny thing is it's a 250v 3amp fuse? I need to look at the tm tomorrow as I'm in the middle of no where using my phone to type this

I'll see what I can come up with Ed.
That is the correct fuse. The slow blow fuses also look different. Notice the coiled up part inside?

You can test it by bypassing the fuse and see if the pump starts up.
Or put a larger amp fuse in there to test.

When running heavier fuel, it will often take a little more amperage to get the pump going, especially when cold.
This goes for all you deuce guys running WMO.
Go out and get a couple fuses and leave them in your glove box.
The 4 amp is suggested for most people, but if you run heavier mixes, then the 5 amp would be a better bet.

Hammer

This goes to all PNW guys. Josh if you get in a jam someday and need a tow. I have the duece and towbar. Call day or night for help as long as I get the same leeway. LOL
I would watch out Al!
I already do get calls at all times! lol
Right Josh? Scott? ;)
Still, I can assist in a likewise manner. Heck, I have enough times already.

Hammer

They are slow blow fuses, they are different then normal fuses.
But yes, get a small pack of them and leave them in the glove box.

AN/ARC186

I got rid of my fuse and put in a 5 amp aircraft circuit breaker. I'm considering doing a main breaker panel for all the systems just to protect things. and the nice thing about the aircraft breaker is you can see when it's tripped and reset is just a button push.

Literature Results

click on circuit breaker link.

Hammer

As long as it doesn't auto reset (like yours, nice thing to see it's tripped,) then a breaker would be good.
Does it act more like a slow blow fuse though?
5 amp with normal diesel should be fine though.
The WMO causes more work on that little pump, and can kill fuses if you don't use the right ones (ask me how I know....)
I have only had one bad pump. Ended up being the wire was shorting out where it went into the pump itself (yes, it was arcing and shorting INSIDE the tank!!!! )

Josh

already took a meter too it, and im getting power at the plug. fuse tested good, ill go monday and buy pack of fuses. so i should get 250V 5amp slow blows?

srodocker

must...have...another...gathering! hahahah mike you have me on getting survival supplys for my deuce. btw anyone have a extra gas tank? im going to turn it into a toolbox of sort whenever i get 395's. going to take out the spare tire carrier and put the toolbox gas tank on it.

Hammer

Josh, yes, 5 amp slow blow fuses. Typically listed with a high voltage like that.

As for 5 ton tool boxes, you could fit one of those and a 3k generator in that spot.
Or two 5 ton tool boxes and still keep the spare in place!

Where is the next 'mini' rally?
Seeing as the last mini rally was larger then our first convoy, they are not so 'mini' any more!

srodocker

not sure about rally dates until i figure out surgery dates :evil:. hrm i think im heading to brads saturday...take a look around. maybe i'll check out a 5 ton tool box

srodocker

im down if they pay me :) right now i cant go back to work because my wrists and im to much of a liability and also L&I is taking forever on my claim right now grrrr

srodocker

people who are still working...thers like 15 people out on injured leave of a crew of about 45...they work 65hrs last week when i was gone...i worked 20hrs in 2 days i was allowed to work before i turned in my paperwork....yea 395's are DEFIANTLY on hold...i gota sell those packs i was telling you about soon ha maybe i shall post some pics and put them on craigslist