• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2011-Third Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy&Campout

Amer-team

don't think I saw my name on the list, but am planning on being there with something. depends on what is running at the time. Right now, 5 out of 7 are running.

Amer-team

Do have the issues that make it go and stop worked out. Injectors and IP have been rebuilt, old fuel seems to be gone and am putting in new fuel as budget allows. Now it is the small stuff like wipers and cosmetics. Will try to put the cargo cover on it this weekend for the first time, so it can make the trip to AFD.

REO 54

Still on deck for the Rally.I thought about bringing the REO OA331,but to much prep is involved and I don't have a lot of spare time for it due buisness obligations,so I'll stick with the Fire Deuce aka "red headed step child " of the Green Machine PNW crew.

Last edited:

Josh

Still on deck for the Rally.I thought about bringing the REO OA331,but to much prep is involved and I don't have a lot of spare time for it due buisness obligations,so I'll stick with the Fire Duece aka "red headed step child " of the Green Machine PNW crew.
[thumbzup]

REO 54

So anybody need xtra 900/20 tires,got em'.I will bring them if needed.
Also got some brake shoe's too,need to identify.NSN #'s are not telling me what they really are.

Also scored a box that Wcougar missed at Brad's.SHEESH! I'm lucky.Wcougar has a sharp eye!

s1036s

parts

who do you guys normally order parts from. I need axle seal kits for all 3 axles, silicone boots up front, brake cylinder rebuilds etc. Who do you find to be the best deals and good service.

wsucougarx

who do you guys normally order parts from. I need axle seal kits for all 3 axles, silicone boots up front, brake cylinder rebuilds etc. Who do you find to be the best deals and good service.
I order the majority of my maintence parts from Erik's. The things Erik doesn't have I try Saturn Surplus. Eriks has everything in stock and ships it ASAP. [thumbzup]

s1036s

Thanks. I think that is the same guy you recommended last time I asked.

hwcurtice, yes I am kinda in your neck of the woods. Hopefully I can get my truck done so that I can meet some of you guys.

Hammer

WARNING ORDER:
It is imperative that each MV operator do a COMPLETE safety check on their trucks! With the anticipated huge turnout this year, Mr Murphy may want to show his ugly head.
Hmm, yeah, huh Aaron?
Well, we ALMOST pre-ran the route today.
First time for Aaron, we had to slave start his deuce.
After a BIT of driving, we stopped for some chow, and when we got back in to continue on, NO START! Had to push it back a few feet to get the m1009 close enough to slave start again.
Part way back and his voltage meter drops into the RED!
Hopped out and checked the belts,etc. Those were all OK.
Battery cables were a little loose and a lot corroded. So we are hoping those are the culprits. If not, maybe a new battery or two is in his near future...

Well, both Aaron and I have driven all parts of the route, but not all at once. I have driven all of it in my big semi wrecker for work, so I know our trucks will do fine on it. But we need to work on the planning part of the rest stops, etc.

Just a little hard lately for both of us to have some time to make the route planning finalized...

Hammer

This year's route will be a nice run around some of the back roads around here. We would cross over very short sections of the route we had on the first convoy.
Once we have the rest stops, etc. planned in, we will put the route up for all to see.

AN/ARC186

I order the majority of my maintence parts from Erik's. The things Erik doesn't have I try Saturn Surplus. Eriks has everything in stock and ships it ASAP. [thumbzup]
Ditto on that, Erik's has fast shipping and Saturn has all those hard to find bits!

Thanks to them both I can quit slackin and actually get some work done on MY truck!

Heck, I might even make the convoy this year.....