• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

wsucougarx

I'm bringing the tire carrier no problem. Boarding ladder? What's the boarding ladder go to? I may be interested;-) Going to need one for my future 5 ton.
Brad's place is huge. There's plenty of places for your daughter to play but she'll definately want to stay near you. There are many things in his yard that can hurt. No wild creatures or animals to speak of. My 8 year old son will more than likely be tagging along.
In fact we can do the tire carrier exchange in the walmart parking lot (back our trucks rear to rear). It would be much easier to transfer that thing from the deuce bed to the back of your truck. That thing weighs a ton.

Last edited:

srodocker

jets1959

Ok I got the doner 109 ready to travel

Here is a few questions Can I bring my daughter (age 4.5) my visitation changed so I have her that weekend? is there a place for her to run around and be a kid and not get eaten?

Second I have some items if people want to parlay I can chuck them in the truck pm me for interest

101 trailer covers rubberized canvas (appear new) qty 2
bows for said 101 trailer (qty 1 set)
and a steel boarding ladder (qty 1)

And WSU can you bring that tire carrier pretty please?

And now that it is mostly settled.

Who is Brad person everyone speaks of?
What color are the canvas tops and what do you want for one?

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For you old timers! Whatever happened to Wittenburg Motors, used to sell MV's out of a yard south of SeaTac on old 99?

I am so sad that I can not help out. In the future I maybe changing a head gasket and need the exp. I might have a an extra few bows in Roseburg, OR. I have 2 crated M35a2 cover kits and one came with extra parts, I'll have to dig and see.

@mightymanx, what color are those M101 covers. I am looking for a rubberized tan in new condition.

Tom

wsucougarx

I did something really stupid today. I dragged Mightymanx's 5 ton tractor spare tire holder out to my truck to load up. Forgot how heavy that thing was. I ended up straining my lower back muscles....STUPID! I can't even bend down to tie my shoes nowaua. Got a back brace on now. I'll get that thing loaded up one way or another. Just need to share my "stupid is as stupid does" experience.
Man where's Josh when you need him? That dude could probably lift that thing up by one arm and put it in the back of my truck;-)

hwcurtice

I did something really stupid today. I dragged Mightymanx's 5 ton tractor spare tire holder out to my truck to load up. Forgot how heavy that thing was. I ended up straining my lower back muscles....STUPID! I can't even bend down to tie my shoes nowaua. Got a back brace on now. I'll get that thing loaded up one way or another. Just need to share my "stupid is as stupid does" experience.
Man where's Josh when you need him? That dude could probably lift that thing up by one arm and put it in the back of my truck;-)
**** that hurts, don't it? Been there, done that....

Only not with a 5 ton spare tire holder. First time was just bending over to pick up a pencil...

Knees... Its all in the knees....

wsucougarx

Yah, pain level is 6/10 right now. I'm more or less cussing myself out. Gees, I need to realize I'm no longer a spring chicken...LOL. The kicker is, I wasn't even trying to show off...haha. When I went down for the count, my dogs quickly ran over to apply first aid. My face and neck are dripping with slobber:-|. I hope it works. Felt like yelling "Corpsman up".

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wsucougarx- hope the pain is better today! So true about aging, as my buddy says......There's no future in it! Advil, a recliner and football today is prescribed!

ABN173

Yah, pain level is 6/10 right now. I'm more or less cussing myself out. Gees, I need to realize I'm no longer a spring chicken...LOL. The kicker is, I wasn't even trying to show off...haha. When I went down for the count, my dogs quickly ran over to apply first aid. My face and neck are dripping with slobber:-|. I hope it works. Felt like yelling "Corpsman up".
Mike,

I can relate, right before coming out here I screwed my back lifting a tough-box while at Yakima. I've been hitting the gym out here and have conditioned my back up some (I hope), but its true we are not young anymore. Be careful! Hope you have a speedy recovery.

-Dale

Last edited:

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For you old timers! Whatever happened to Wittenburg Motors, used to sell MV's out of a yard south of SeaTac on old 99?
They went out of business in the early 1980's. I used to get stuff from them all the time. I think the owner died or retired (I'm thinking died because he was one of those who never "retires") :cry:

It had lots of stuff. I'd been going there since the early 1970's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks