• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
year of manufacture is 1991. My truck is untitled, & currently in Oregon. I was out of state, so had it deliveredthere. We live in a motorhome, & are considering relocating to Or. (Bend area). Have an additional concern: Does anyone have ideas for insurance coverage other than commercial coverage?
Welcome aboard :-D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Your insurance question is one of hte most asked quiries in the SteelSoldiers forums. You will soon learn that the SEARCH BUTTON is your FRIEND. Before getting stuck in tire ruts, do some basic research. There are literally hunderds of threads here about insurance. :whistle:

taperrine

Welcome aboard :-D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Your insurance question is one of hte most asked quiries in the SteelSoldiers forums. You will soon learn that the SEARCH BUTTON is your FRIEND. Before getting stuck in tire ruts, do some basic research. There are literally hunderds of threads here about insurance. :whistle:
Thank you for the suggestions, Chaplain, you are so right. I appreciate you pointing out the insurance threads. I'll check those threads out. Me and Google Search are old friends. As you point out, there are literally hundreds (thousands?) of threads on insurance. Unfortunately, as happened this morning when, after posting a query on insurance for heavy trucks, I received a call from an insurance company. They all seem to want the customer to change companies so they can sell car insurance, but are clueless on insurance for Military Vehicles. Guess that is why forums such as Steel Soldiers are so valuable.

Amer-team

Like the Chaplain said, take a look at Historic vehicle insurance or collector vehicle. My vehicles have been insured through one of the major collector vehicle companies for several years at a reasonable rate. Fortunately haven't had to use them, but they are there just in case.

taperrine

Amer-team, you ROCK! I am so excited! I'm looking at Hagerty Insurance for Collector Vehicles, and they specifically list military vehicles! Will give them a call in the AM and see what they say. Thanks so much for the clue for Collector Vehicles!

srodocker

Heads up guys! Zombie event this saturday. Meeting at the krispy kreme in tacoma and then convoying to just down the road to La Quinta inn in tacoma. Any questions msg me. Were setting up a display as a survivor camp.

1StumpJumper

I registered my M934A1 as an RV. To do so you must sign an affidavit stating that you made modifications (permanantly mounted toilet, stove, sleeping area) to the vehicle. No tonnage required

As for tonnage, the minimum tonnage you can carry is 1.5 times the curb weight of the vehicle. The max is tonnage is the max GVW of the vehicle. Tonnage is to include any trailer the vehicle will be towing as well.

The DMV will allow you to get darn near what ever you want. They do not regulate the requirements, they just collect the money. It is up to you to have the proper tonnage and registration.

2cents

mightymanx

Hey Pnw crew long time since I have been here. ( life took some unexpected turns)....Looking for a hard top for a deuce please pm me if you have a fairly nice one for a reasonable price.

Hope all is well with the gang.

Thanks.

wsucougarx

Man, life sure has been busy. MV's have been on a back burner for sometime for me. I haven't done anything to my MV's since the July rally. Between little league and now hunting, it'll be a few more weeks.

taperrine

Finally got the SF-97 for Tiny (M923A2) and sent it off to get the title and registration. While I'm waiting for that, we are trying to buy a house down in LaPine, OR, and gradually getting our stuff moved down there. Of course, with all of that going on, Tiny isn't getting a lot of love. But once we have finished the move, Tiny will be inside and we can start working on some of the corrosion control.

goodguyzy

I live/lived in three rivers south just north of lapine. Mike keep hunting so can work on my trucks. I'm going for first place next year, I've got a lot catching up to do.

taperrine

First Place? Oh, heavens... Another goal to work towards! So much to do, so little time, and, as usual, no clue what I am doing it for! :) Oh well, don't worry about the mules, just load the wagon!

drician

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who doesn't want a turn behind the wheel of the HET. Speaking of that, can I have the next turn after srodocker? ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks